Senior Netcode Engineer
14 days ago
We're making a football game
GOALS is our attempt to give football the game it deserves. A fair game, that is a reflection of football, rather than the football industry. We want to make a game that’s fun right away, without players having to invest a fortune.
It’s a game about winning, but one where victory comes in more forms than simply winning matches. Focus on trick shots, design awesome t-shirts or create an arena that inspires greatness. No two players will be on the same journey.
GOALS is for everyone, like football can and should be. It’s for the casuals and the pros. For the players, the managers and the fans. It’s for the designers, the audience and the divas. For everyone who loves the game itself or anything surrounding it. GOALS is football.
Welcome to the engineering team
At GOALS the player experience is key, and we all know how poor netcode can destroy any game. But we’ve set the bar even higher and want to provide the best possible real-time multiplayer experience regardless if the player is on fiber or poor quality ISP. We’re aiming for a great game without having to buy the best pc spec or latest gen console.
As netcode programmer at GOALS you will have a fundamental impact on the core game experience by combining your passion and experience to optimize our client-server communication, replication, corrections and more.
You will work in cross functional teams, side by side (in a remote working environment) with game play engineers, artists and designers where the magic happens. You will be part of all aspects of game production; from design to implementation and validation. Everything to create a fun and rewarding gaming experience. We use C++ in Unreal Engine.
At GOALS, you will
- Design and implement new networking components and replication architectures
- Optimize UE’s netcode and replication architecture
- Add mechanisms to reduce perceived lag in a client predictive / server authoritative game
Ideally you have...
- A solid understanding of UE’s networking components and multiplayer elements, including Online Subsystems, sessions, and serialization
- A good understanding of TCP/UDP Network Layer
- Experience in using low level profiling tools
- Shipped real-time multiplayer game titles for PC and Consoles
- Experience from multiplayer and console games
About the Employment
The position is permanent and you can work from our Stockholm office, hybrid or fully remote from anywhere in Europe. It is important that you are able to communicate unhindered in verbal/written English.
For this position we do not offer relocation assistance.
In addition to opportunities for creative impact and professional growth, working at GOALS has many other benefits like occupational pension, 30 days PTO, flexible work hours, stock options and more. Learn more here.
For this role we would like you to include:
- LinkedIn-profile, CV or any other document that showcase your experience and what you have done
- A link to your Github etc. (If applicable)
We strongly encourage you to apply even if you don’t feel that you tick all the boxes. You just might be exactly what we need, even if we haven’t understood it yet. GOALS is still a young company and we change quickly. But one thing that never changes is our conviction that we need a diverse studio environment, filled with different perspectives and skills.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.