Senior Narrative Scripter
18 days ago
WHO WE ARE:
Ghost Story Games is a self-publishing game development studio owned by Take-Two Interactive, located in the greater-Boston area. Our studio designed and released award-winning games, such as System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite. We are currently working on our next project and would love for you to be part of our team.
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture and 94% of employees say their workplace is great. We are however, dedicated to building our best workplace yet.
Ghost Story Games is on the search for a Senior Narrative Scripter to join the Narrative Team to bring our stories and characters to life. Take your passion for narrative first-person shooters and help our teams turn ideas into a winning, fun, challenging cohesive experiences. Your experience working through the full life cycle of a multi-platform game will take you to the next level.
WHAT YOU’LL TAKE ON:
- Design and implement the rules and conditions for triggering narrative content.
- Design, implement, and maintain scripted events, quests, and other narrative content.
- Participate in narrative design meetings and provide feedback on the overall narrative design of the game.
- Use Unreal 4 and Blueprint scripting to implement quests and narrative content.
- Work closely with the Narrative team and other departments to bring the project’s story and characters to life.
- Work across departments to turn deliverables into a fun, cohesive experience.
- Write and maintain design documentation.
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 5+ years of development experience in the game industry with recent hands-on implementation experience.
- Strong understanding of timing and pacing of narrative beats.
- Contributed to at least one shipped title recognized for its strong narrative and/or mission design.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and organizational skills.
- Excellent visual scripting or programming skills.
- Have worked on projects throughout the entire production cycle, from conception through shipping.
- Passion for narrative first-person shooters.
- Provide feedback on narrative and design content.
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- Ability to work within a schedule and deliver effectively to deadlines.
- Ability to receive feedback and not only apply it but learn from it.
- Ability to work independently to diagnose and solve problems.
- Experience with task/bug-tracking software and pipelines.
- Experience with Perforce or similar version control software.
- Unreal 4 Blueprint scripting experience.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Great Company Culture . Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity, and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth : As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, to be inquisitive and collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits . Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks . Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries, and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.