Senior Narrative Designer
14 days ago
Wonderstorm is a double threat media studio that creates timeless animated TV series and engaging video games that anchor our entertainment franchises.
Our first franchise, the Emmy Award-winning The Dragon Prince , began as an original animated series on Netflix in 2018. All three seasons have been a Top 10 digital original and are rated 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. The series was recently renewed for four additional seasons. A world-class video game for The Dragon Prince is under development by the same creative team.
Wonderstorm is a place where creators work with visionary teams to do meaningful work that will last for generations. And that's where you come in....
We're looking for a talented and innovative Senior Narrative Designer to bring the themes, characters, and world of The Dragon Prince to life through gameplay. The ideal candidate will have an equally strong understanding of game design and storytelling, and a passion for combining the two in order to bring meaning to players’ experiences.
What you will do...
- Collaborate with level, combat, and system designers to infuse meaning and emotion into the core gameplay loop
- Create, pitch, and author new content including missions, quests, allies, enemy factions, bosses, and more
- Work closely with the creators and writers of the animated series to expand the world of Xadia through all new characters and locations
- Craft world stakes, non-linear story arcs, and other narrative elements to bring purpose to player progression
- Define game missions in great detail, including objectives, environments and props, dialogue, player actions, and rewards
- Champion the narrative goals of the game, and document the systems and content that will empower designers, artists, and engineers to help achieve those goals
- 5+ years of experience in a creative or narrative design role (preferably one shipped title in a senior role)
- Ability to effectively communicate your ideas, and both provide and implement constructive feedback
- Portfolio of authored stories/events/dialogue whether from original or well-known IPs
- Experience leading or mentoring other narrative designers
- Proactive, self-driven, collaborative, and organized
- Bonus XP: knowledge of cooperative multiplayer games
- Bonus XP: experience implementing in a game engine and/or scripting language
Wonderstorm Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.