Senior Narrative Designer
18 days ago
We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of cross-platform, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people who share our love for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the task of being part of a small but experienced and dedicated team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, and have a can-do attitude. Join us! It’s going to be a thrilling ride.
SENIOR NARRATIVE DESIGNER We are seeking a talented and experienced Narrative Designer to join our team for our upcoming AAA cross platform title. As a narrative designer, you will be responsible for creating immersive quests, dialog, environments, and other narrative experiences. You will work closely with our game designers, writers and artists to design and implement a player journey that supports our game's story, gameplay mechanics, and overall vision.
- Create rich and flavorful characters and the quests the reveal who they are
- Design, implement, and maintain scripted events, quests, and other narrative content
- Own and update narrative documentation and source of truth of the project
- Test and iterate on narrative content for quality and flow
- Collaborate with artists, writers, and designers to deliver powerful emotional experiences using the narrative delivery channels available
- Help define and shape the narrative design tools to support and extend the narrative delivery channels of the game
- Aiding in in-studio voice recording and mocap sessions
- Connect our core gameplay fantasy with moment to moment narrative experience
- 4+ years of experience in narrative design in the video game industry, with at least one shipped AAA title with significant narrative content
- A strong portfolio quests and narrative sequences that demonstrate your creativity, skill, and ability to create narrative content for open world or live ops titles
- Experience with open world quest design, and an understanding of how to realize narrative using the ingredients available to you
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively in a team-based environment
- A passion for video games and a desire to create unique and engaging stories and journeys that players will love to experience
- Familiarity with scripting languages or technical narrative frameworks
Bonus points for:
- Experience with narrative design for open-world games
- Experience working on a live service title with open world elements
- Experience working on a title with significant volume of dialog and voice-acted lines
In order to apply, please provide us with a link to your portfolio that gives us an overview of your skills and abilities.
The base annual salary range for this position in the United States is $60,000 - 130,000. The base salary is just one part of the overall compensation package. SEMC also offers a package of benefits, including, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a remote work environment, flex working schedule, parental leave support, 100% 401k match on the first 3% of your contribution, and paid local hangout meals and events. For more details on the full benefits package please visit this link. All full time roles are also eligible for annual bonuses and equity.
This base pay range is for the United States only and does not apply to international locations. The range for each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Do you feel like you don’t meet each and every requirement on the job description? Many people don't apply for jobs unless they feel they exceed at every one of these job requirements. It’s very important for us at SEMC to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive group of talent, so please go ahead and apply even if you feel that you’re not a “perfect” fit! You just might be what we’re looking for!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.