Senior Narrative Designer
16 days ago
Senior Narrative Designer - LiveOps Systems & Content
You! Yes, you, with the shirt! Do you know your way around metrics-driven designs and data deployment processes as well as you know your way around writing compelling narrative content ? Then you’re the Narrative Designer we’ve been looking for!
We’re looking for a Senior Narrative Designer with STRONG EXPERIENCE in liveops systems and content to join us in crafting hype-fueled, deliciously dramatic, character-driven stories for our latest game, Single City! Single City is a unique strategy march game where influence is the ultimate goal. Flirt, flex, and flaunt your way through encounters in the big city, causing drama for your rivals while you gather followers. More friends and followers means more clout, which means more power!
Some of what you’ll do day-to-day :
- LiveOps Systems & Content Development : Own the metrics-driven narrative design pipeline of Single City from pitch to launch, working closely with all disciplines to brainstorm, gather metrics-informed design requirements, solve problems, iterate on ideas, write storylines and dialogue, and ship that sweet content
- Content Authoring : Implement story design data and dialogue data in spreadsheets, iterate upon feedback, deploy your data to git branches, test your data in Unity on a development server, and eventually ship that sparkling story data to production
- Systems & Content Monitoring : Analyze the performance of narrative systems and content using data, and make metrics-driven decisions on future narrative content releases and storytelling experiments
- Content Coaching Give radically candid feedback on stories, art, designs, gameplay, and features during development, as well as feedback from the perspective of a player on released content
The tools we use :
- Google Suite
- Demonstrated experience (at least 4 years) in metrics-driven narrative design for live games as a service (GaaS) AND experience writing high-quality player-facing story content (dialogue, lore blurbs, quest UI, etc.)
- Top-notch creative writing skills (in American English)
- No diva ego – willing to “kill your darlings”
- Technical data implementation aptitude with git and Unity (or another game development engine)
- Masterful communication abilities
- Based in the US or Canada and able to work within core hours (11 AM - 4 PM Pacific Time)
- A cute pet that can make appearances on Zoom (OK, maybe not required, but a very nice-to-have!)
What we offer:
A Thinking Ape is fully committed to diversity and inclusion; of our new hires in 2021, 49% were women or non-binary. We released our first game in 2009, and have been profitable ever since. Our teams are friendly, open to challenging themselves and everyone's ideas are heard based on our core value of having wonderful arguments . Our people leaders work with us individually to support our development, keep growing is another of our core values.
We’re working remotely across Canada, we’ll supply the equipment you need to do your work, and stipends to set up your workspace. We have a flexible work schedule, three weeks of vacation, unlimited sick days, and a generous health benefits package. Our full story is here. You’re very welcome to connect with our recruiter Ingrid on LinkedIn.
We welcome individuals from all backgrounds, and we EXTRA encourage traditionally underrepresented folk in the games industry – such as female, non-binary, genderqueer, genderfluid, and agender individuals – to apply!
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.