Senior Narrative Designer - World of Warcraft
4 days ago
Job Title:Senior Narrative Designer - World of Warcraft
Story is at the heart of everything we do in World of Warcraft, and we're seeking a Senior Narrative Designer to join our team and help craft unforgettable story experiences. Azeroth and its characters have been beloved by fans for decades and there are countless new tales waiting to be told! We're looking for an experienced narrative designer who loves to collaborate with peers across multiple disciplines to achieve our story goals.
What you will do…
- Story and Writing
- Partner with quest and content designers to plan zone/patch storylines
- Write, review, and edit dialogue, quest text, and other supporting text
- Ensure consistent voice for franchise characters
- Maintain narrative documentation, including writing style and pronunciation guides
- Voiceover and Sound
- Work with sound producers and narrative leadership to plan voiceover budgets
- Write and review casting documents
- Provide performance context in voice recording sessions
- Partner Teams
- Review designer cinematic requests, assign and write scripts, offer feedback
- Review website story content and provide writing support
- Work with publishing to review books/comics/stories
- Mentorship and Teamwork
- Support and provide feedback for other narrative designers
- Provide guidance and best practices to nurture writing talent of other departments
- Participate in and contribute to a culture of diversity and inclusion
- Work and thrive in a collaborative team environment
What you will need…
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to act independently on writing tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work well under deadlines
- Knowledge of current successful intellectual properties in today’s popular culture
- Deep knowledge of World of Warcraft story and gameplay
We’re also interested in hearing about…
- Experience writing and recording dialogue for games
- Experience developing multiplayer open world games or MMOs
- Published writing work (novels, short fiction, film, television, comics, etc.)
- Links or attachments of writing samples/portfolio (preferred)
- Cover Letter (preferred)
- Resume (required)
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.