Senior Narrative Designer, Unannounced Project
17 days ago
Team Name:Unannounced Project
Job Title:Senior Narrative Designer, Unannounced Project
We are looking for a top-notch, experienced senior narrative designer to mold the story of an exciting unannounced Blizzard project!
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication and organization skills, experience writing sharp game text, a deep understanding of the storytelling craft, and the ability to balance our game’s narrative goals with Blizzard’s core value of Gameplay First . They should be able to develop characters, identify and improve structural problems with a narrative, and explain the reasons behind creative decisions.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Story and Writing
- Partner with content designers to plan the game’s storylines.
- Write, review, and edit dialogue and text.
- Ensure a consistent voice for franchise characters.
- Maintain narrative documentation, including writing style and pronunciation guides.
- Review cinematic designs, write scripts, and offer feedback.
- Voiceover and Sound
- Work with sound producers and design leadership to plan voiceover budgets.
- Write and review casting documents.
- Provide performance direction in voice recording sessions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to create, iterate, collaborate and build consensus with team members.
- Excellent organizational skills and able to work well under deadlines.
- Able to act independently on writing tasks.
- Knowledge of current successful intellectual properties in today’s popular culture.
- Deep knowledge of Blizzard IP.
- Experience developing stories within an existing IP.
- Experience with worldbuilding: creating detailed descriptions of locations, settings, and cultures.
- Experience writing branching and non-linear dialogue for games.
- Experience managing a team of writers, providing feedback, and developing talent.
- Experience reviewing or approving art or visual designs.
- Successfully published writing work (novels, short fiction, film, television, comics).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Resume & Cover Letter (Required)
- A quantified list of your experience with different Blizzard games (Required)
- Links or attachments of writing samples/portfolio (Preferred)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing a true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Job Status: Full-Time
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.