Senior Narrative Designer [New Game IP]
15 days ago
Do you spend time dreaming up story moments that you know players will always remember? Do you want to experiment with new ways for players to tell their own stories? Join our narrative team!
We are looking for a Narrative Designer to help shape the player narrative experience in an ambitious unannounced project here in Stockholm Sweden.
As a Narrative Designer, you’ll be working with the narrative team to establish the core narrative experiences we will deliver to our players. While story design and experience design will be a major part of this role, the ability to write player-facing game dialogue or in-game text is not a requirement - although it’s always nice to have.
We strive to give passionate and creative teams the freedom and trust they need to succeed in this creative and fast-moving environment. We encourage people to make conscious choices and decisions, poke holes in existing plans, and express what they need to be able to honor their commitments.
In this role, you’ll join our Narrative team and you will be reporting directly to our Narrative Director. Besides working within our narrative team, you will also be interfacing and collaborating with artists, designers, audio, and programming teams to find opportunities to enhance the narrative experience for our players.
In this role you will...
- Design ways to deliver rich story moments to our players, and to enhance player interaction, roleplaying, and self-expression.
- Document designs to a level where they can be implemented.
- Work with teams across the company to guide implementation of those designs.
- Validate, test, iterate on, and refine those designs and implementations both prior to and post launch.
- Design stories and plots to take advantage of our narrative systems and engage our players.
- Work closely with art, design, audio, and programming teams to find opportunities to enhance the narrative experience of the player.
- Continuing to evolve the narrative opportunities as the game evolves.
- Work on other narrative-related tasks to support the team.
We would love if you...
- Are easily self-motivated, have experience with goal setting and follow-up, and believe in being a strong team player.
- Have experience from game design or system design in games.
- Are skilled in story design, writing, plotting, or scenario creation, and have experience in delivering player-centric narrative moments. This could be in computer games, or in other media such as tabletop RPGs, larp, or interactive theatre.
- Are happy being at heart of things and used to working in an international environment where you easily can express yourself fluently in English.
- Have working knowledge of various game creation tools (e.g. Unreal, Unity).
- Have an understanding of how non-linear narrative structures are built and works.
Apply now to make it yours!
Read more about us: http://stockholm.ubisoft.com/
Making good games takes effort, making great games takes a different type of thinking.
Are you a game designer, artist or engineer? Cool. How about a chemist, economist or social scientist? Let’s talk. At Ubisoft Stockholm, we feel different thinking comes from many places and that good ideas, no matter where they come from, are the key to unlocking our potential.
Located in the storied Östermalm neighborhood in Stockholm Sweden, we believe thinking of new ways to solve old problems is a cornerstone of innovation and we are looking for passionate people who follow their dreams to make the world a better place.
We know there is a better way to making great games.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.