Senior Multiplayer Systems Designer
17 days ago
ZeniMax Online Studios is seeking a Senior Multiplayer Systems Designer to join our studio for the development of our next AAA game. This is a chance to join an experienced group of developers in pre-production for a major new IP. The Senior Multiplayer Systems Designer works under the Multiplayer Lead and works with the rest of the project team to support the creation and maintenance of multiplayer mechanics, systems, and social features. They are responsible for systems that will create a positive and engaging multiplayer experience with the aim of positive engagement and long-term retention. They will aid in facilitating social interactions between players, while adhering to team values and best practices.
The preferred location for this role is Madison, WI, Hunt Valley, MD, or Austin, TX. Will consider remote.
- Create and maintain documentation for new and existing multiplayer systems
- Develop expertise on all in-game systems behavior and interdependencies including proprietary toolsets
- Work with other design leads in developing holistic multiplayer gameplay aimed at making the multiplayer experience a value add for players
- Function effectively as a multiplayer representative in collaborative, cross-disciplinary feature development teams
- Utilize business intelligence reporting to drive data informed insights into multiplayer behavior
- Provide, receive, and integrate feedback on areas of responsibility related to multiplayer
- Performing research and comparative analysis on other multiplayer games
- Other duties assigned by the Multiplayer Lead, Experience Director, and Creative Director
- 5+ years of experience developing or maintaining systems in a shipped or live multiplayer game
- Technical writing familiarity with close attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaborative approach to Design
Applicant Privacy Notice
ZeniMax Media California Applicant Privacy Notice
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.