Senior Multiplayer Systems Designer
San Mateo, CA
6 days ago
SENIOR MULTIPLAYER SYSTEMS DESIGNER
Who We Are:
We are dedicated to crafting highly engaging entertainment with a commitment to putting fans first. We aim to be a team of diverse game makers driven by a passion for our art and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build games that thrill players everywhere. We cherish our studio independence and autonomy, and value the collaborative support of 2K, one of the world’s leading interactive entertainment companies.
We are the newest studio in the Take-Two Interactive family, founded in 2019 and located in the San Francisco Bay Area. Our first effort is to build a multiplayer and multiplatform AAA action game which will thrill a diverse community of gamers and have fun while doing it. We prize our creative autonomy as an independent studio, with both the financial and logistical support of 2K Games publishing.
Who You Are:
- Experience with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Experience with designing and building functional gameplay systems in a visual scripting tool (ala Unreal Blueprint) and/or code or code-style scripting languages (C/C++, Lua, etc)
- Strong understanding of systematic design and ability to conceive and create complex but efficient systems in service of an amazing game experience
- Able to analyze and solve complex technical and design problems in core gameplay systems
- Deep understanding of the various components that come together within game systems to achieve the end experience (design, art, engineering, audio, etc)
- Ability to learn and ramp up on new tools and processes quickly
- 3+ years experience, and at least 1 shipped titles in a systems design role, preferably in the multiplayer space
- Strong passion for online multiplayer action games is a must!
- Experience programming, both code & visual scripting (C++, C#, etc. | Blueprint, Kismet, etc.)
- Experience in UI/UX implementation a plus
- A passion for diversity & representation in games & game development
- A self-starter who can align with the team's goals but isn't hesitant to create solutions on their own
- Comfortable with rapid iteration based off feedback from many sources: peer review, data analytics, player surveys, etc. Capable of filtering large volumes of feedback into concrete and actionable improvements
- Ability to iterate & collaborate under deadlines & production constraints
What We Need:
We’re looking for a Senior Multiplayer Systems Designer to join our team and help us shape the future of online multiplayer gaming. As a Senior Systems Designer, you’ll design and craft the fundamental gameplay systems that will take us into that future. You’ll own and drive key gameplay systems working closely with the design, art and engineering teams to realize your vision. We’re a studio that values autonomy and self-drive in developers who are empowered to do the best work of their careers. If this is you, let’s talk!
- Design, pitch, & hone ideas from concept stage forward. Examine desired player experience goals and introduce systems that help fulfill that experience
- Gather feedback from a variety of sources to determine the best steps forward
- Collaborate deeply with other disciplines. This role will touch on everything from animation to UI to sound and VFX, as well as working closely with core engineering teams
- Contribute to design discussions for all areas of design across the entire game
- Provide feedback on works in progress across all areas of the game based on daily playtesting
- Own MP gameplay systems from inception to completion. This includes pitching ideas in their infancy to fine-tuning post-launch. We emphasize a culture of trust, and with that trust comes both responsibility & accountability
- Daily hands-on engine work to bring ideas to life
Send your resume via the link below to start the journey.