Senior Multiplayer Programmer
24 days ago
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive Senior Multiplayer Programmer to join our busy Hexworks studio and support driving our games forward as we experience exponential growth.
A career at CI Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
- Design and implementation of the required online solutions for the game, coping with the design intentions and the technical requirements to secure performance
- Architect from high level systems to low level performance tweaks in c/c++
- R&D of new technologies applicable to the game, in synchronization with Lead Developers, and compatible with all target platforms
- Understanding of all game engine systems to work with and discuss needs from other departments and participate on the generation of cost-effective pipelines for online
- Coordinate with QA, Build Engineers and the Design teams to define the best coding processes that balances rapid iteration with stability
- Coordinate with the rest of coders establishing programming guidelines, quality goals and performance budgets related to online functionalities
- Understand, plan and work on any required engine, online and optimization in coordination with the rest of the code team (engineers and gameplay programmers)
- Reports to the Lead Multiplayer Programmer
- 5+ years Programming Experience
- 2+ Shipped AA/AAA titles
- Strong C & C++, real-time, cross-platform, client-server & p2p skills.
- Gameplay Replication experience, Player Authentication, low-level (TCP/UDP Packet) Comms
- Experience debugging multi-threaded Client/Server symbol-less systems in a run-time environment.
- Replication Frameworks for entire game / gameplay systems.
- Match-Making, Late-Join and Host Migration implementations
- Network Infrastructure & Optimization (preferably for PSN/XB eco-systems)
- Optimized Client Prediction Methodologies
- Optimized Packet Compression/Decompression strategies for games
- Exposure to AWS or other Cloud Service Provider technologies
What we offer:
- Attractive remuneration, holidays and social events. Our environments thrive with collaborative teamwork with people from all around the world, different nationalities, and languages.
- A supportive community inclusive of LGBTQ+, and any age, ethnicity, religion, or disability. We care about the wellbeing of our employees and have a dedicated employee wellbeing programme.
- Flexibility with our core hours, and no-notice holidays.
- Annual discretionary studio bonus
- Free games and merchandise
- Wrap parties for game releases
- Remote/Homeworking with flexible working schedules (core working hours 10am-4pm CET), a fun environment, and a relaxing culture, including the opportunity to work with the leading technology and creative minds in the world.
- Learn as you work and be part of something real that changes the face of gaming - forever
- Once our Talent Acquisition team receives your application, together with the hiring team, we will review your CV, portfolio and the answers you provided in the application form and if all the boxes are ticked, we're moving to the next stage.
- Initial call with Talent Acquisition Specialist - During this call you'll learn about the company and we learn about you. We'll talk about your experience & expectations with working in a fully remote environment and we'll talk about your expertise. We'll finish this call with some admin questions. There will be an opportunity for you to ask any questions as well.
- After the initial call, usually 1 or 2 interviews with the hiring team follows. These interviews will be a bit more technical and will go deeper into your experience, skills & knowledge. As you would have signed an NDA by now, you'll also learn a bit more about the project you would work on. During these interviews we'll also focus on finding out whether you're a good fit for our company culture and that we share the same values.
- We may or may not ask you to do the test - this is decided on an individual basis and you will receive instructions with the test.
- If everything goes well, the last step in the recruitment process is the offer presentation call with the Talent Acquisition Specialist and your future line manager to discuss the offer and next steps to get you successfully on board.
We are an equal opportunities employer with a commitment to building a diverse workforce, representative of the world we live and game in!
Accessibility is at the heart of our games and we reflect that in how we operate as a business. Should you require adjustments or flexible arrangements to interview, or take up a role at with us, please let us know in your application and we will accommodate to the best of our ability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.