Senior Model Engineer
11 days ago
Customer Engineering is responsible for the successful delivery of our customer & partner projects. We deliver real value to our customers, users and partners by providing differentiated solutions and insights that delight and excite, underpinned by our internally developed Skyral® platform.
Model Engineers at Improbable Defence are focused on creating the models that will power the next generation of decision support technology. We work closely with Applied Scientists and software engineers to create these models and the tooling to support them. Our culture is friendly, relaxed and inclusive. We divide up ownership across the team, so expect responsibility early on, but the team is large enough that you will be fully supported by colleagues.
You will b uild scientific models that support our entire product offering and facilitate next-generation decision support. We are a friendly, relaxed & inclusive team with an ambition to take modeling to the next level. Unlike many teams, we are a mix of applied scientists and software engineers working very collaboratively both internally and with our customers.
- Productionising prototype models ensuring they are scalable, robust and performant.
- Developing and implementing algorithms which result in plausible modelling behaviour.
- Building pipelines to extract, synthesise and integrate data from various sources, making it available to simulation engines and user interfaces.
- Building tooling that enables model developers to do their work quicker and better.
- You will work closely with applied scientists to take prototypes and model designs into a production environment. The main languages we use are Python and C++.
- Profiling and improving the performance of models so that we can reach new levels of speed and scale.
Why You're Made For This:
- Significant experience working as a professional engineer, applying model and data engineering to solve customer problems.
- Skilled in Python including the more advanced features of the language (e.g. decorators, and built-in methods).
- Professional experience of tools and libraries for modelling and scientific computing (e.g. NumPy, SciPy, PyTorch, Scikit-learn).
- Naturally pragmatic, balancing fast-moving project requirements with quality and good practices.
- Ability to think holistically about every aspect of software development, including testing, documentation, security and performance.
- Experience with C++ is a benefit but not essential.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.