Senior Mobile Performance Engineer - Industrial Toys
4 days ago
Electronic Arts Inc. is a global leader in interactive entertainment. We develop games, content and online services across platforms. We have a broad portfolio of brands that span the most popular genres.
We exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together accomplished people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow our employees to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers.
Join us in driving the next revolution in games.
Industrial Toys is a AAA mobile developer founded by Halo veteran Alex Seropian. Our mission is to make games that are Mobile To The Core! We are working to bring bleeding edge FPS gaming to your phone. If you’re interested in working with veteran mobile, console, and PC developers in creating new AAA experiences to reach billions of mobile players around the world we would like to hear from you!
What you'll do...
- Focus on game performance on a major mobile platform title.
- Examine all aspects of performance – CPU, GPU, memory, and storage/disk.
- Design and implement procedures and tools for guiding the team toward performance targets.
- Architect and implement large-scale optimizations for a variety of game systems.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Report to the Lead Game Tech Engineer.
Ideally, you'll have...
- Extraordinary C/C++ skills, with 5+ years of experience with game technology or similar
- Working ability to apply structures and algorithms like BVHs and custom on-demand decompression
- Experience profiling and implementing tools to capture performance metrics
- Familiarity with key components of game rendering pipelines
- A strong mental model of how processors, GPUs, and other essential hardware components work and how it relates to code
- Experience with mobile platforms
- Spacious 19,000 sqft 10th floor office with amazing views of the San Gabriel mountains, all of Pasadena, and Los Angeles (on a clear day)
- Weekly Happy Hours, donuts and bagels.
- Full kitchen with snacks, drinks, espresso machine and nitro cold brew
- A game room with classic multi-arcade machines, modern consoles, and PC gaming stations
- Foosball, Ping-pong table, and Cornhole game
- EV charging
- Motorized sit-stand desks
- Private wellness room
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realize it takes outstanding people to make excellent games, we offer great compensation packages and a culture that values creativity and individuality.
We love to celebrate our great perks like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, of course, free video games and more!