Senior Mobile Developer
22 days ago
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar is on the lookout for a talented Mobile Engineer with a strong understanding of iOS and Android development to help us build and maintain our mobile platform, including our SDK, backend platform and build systems.
This is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar's studios in Edinburgh.
WHAT WE DO
- We build the Rockstar Mobile SDK that goes into each of our mobile titles.
- We develop and maintain the build system used for our mobile titles and other artifacts.
- Develop features across our iOS and Android codebases and ensure feature and experience parity between the two.
- Maintain and update the continuous build and integration system that creates and distributes our mobile builds on iOS and Android.
- Develop shared UI for both platforms with Flutter.
- Work closely with our QA department and the developer teams working on the individual games.
- Contribute to the design and architecture of new features and improvements for the mobile platform.
- Troubleshoot and debug complex issues, optimize code, and improve overall stability.
- Collaborate with other Rockstar technology teams across our worldwide studios.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience with iOS and Android development.
- A degree in Computer Science/related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Expert in Swift and the iOS development workflow.
- Expert in Java and the Android development workflow.
- Strong experience with Flutter for UI/UX.
- Strong experience with Ruby for build automation.
- Strong CS fundamentals, including excellent understanding of OO design patterns and concepts.
- Experience with API design and development.
- Experience with source control, preferably Git.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with web backend development, Golang, PostgreSQL, C# considered a big plus.
- Previous experience with game or platform development.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic/passionate about games and curious about how things work.
- Experience optimizing complex programs across many languages and technology stacks.
- Knowledge of agile software development processes.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a CV and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.