This job might no longer be available.
Senior Application Developer (C++)
Plantation, FL, Sunnyvale, CA
7 months ago
This is an exciting opportunity to build a world-class mixed reality collaborative application platform for the Magic Leap platform. We have a rich roadmap planned for collaborative applications within our spatial computing environment. We need a strong technical contributor with both breadth and depth of technical skills and a passion for real-time native collaborative applications. You must have experience shipping C++ real-time APIs including optimizations and high reliability. This is an opportunity to be one of the first developers in an exciting area of the product. You will have the opportunity to work with the User Experience team, architecture, systems engineers, and applications developers. Qualified candidates need to be a self-starter and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment.
- Build, debug, and debug copresence communication platform
- Track & report on project status, plan architecture and present technical vision to others
- Be a subject matter expert and thought leader in real-time communications and spatial colocation algorithms.
- Team player who can collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design and ship new features
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Mentor less senior engineers
- Level up entire organization through code reviews, architectural reviews, team presentations.
- Unit-test code for robustness and reliability
- 10+ years experience developing mobile software apps
- Expertise with real-time communications & 3D Math and 3D Graphics and 3D User Experiences
- Experience programming applications on Android platform
- Very strong programming skills - extensive experience with C++ required.
- Experience with FirebaseDB or other real-time data-centric cloud platform is a plus
- Ability to learn fast, and deliver quickly and reliably
- Relentless desire to improve and overcome challenges
- Experience working with third-party libraries, frameworks, and APIs.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced small team environment.
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
Nice to have
- Experience with parental controls, restrictive technologies and website filtering
- Experience with xR: Augmented Reality, Mixed Reality, Virtual Reality
- Experience with OpenGL, Unity3D, Qt3D, WPF or other 3D graphics API
- Experience with rapid development and collaboration using wiki, chat, and Jira.
- Ability to read Japanese
- BS or equivalent preferred
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines