Senior Missions Designer
19 days ago
Managed by the lead mission designer, your role in the Mindseye team is to handle a well-defined scope of main and secondary missions and design them.
Your role as a designer in our team is to handle initial design documentation until its validation, update it as needed, handle a fast iteration process with your feature team and make limited decisions to their design to deliver a spectacular, and fun gameplay experience.
You will be responsible for the scope of the missions' design. The main point of contact for your team on a selection of main path missions and secondary missions.
Propose improvements to leadership and communicate design decisions to your team.
Follow development daily and resolve any design issue with the best process in mind, ensuring you are respecting the current design guidelines and directions.
Consulted in mission reviews
Review missions assigned to you regularly
Be ready to give your input, challenge design, and accept feedback on the content assigned to you.
REPORTING: Responsible for reporting mission design information & challenges
Participate in meetings and write mail and documents for leadership to understand the progress of your scope of missions.
Write weekly reports on your team's issues and progress for use by the lead mission designer.
BE A MISSION PILGRIM:
Make all efforts required for your mission's design to share with our team, communicate efficiently, and be proactive in giving information across all job types.
NARRATIVE DESIGN BRIDGE:
Make an efficient pair with your narrative designer: integrate narrative concerns into your workflow and synchronize how we can deliver more stories through design and a proper gameplay rhythm.
Promote a spirit of rapid iteration and decision-making based on what we can experience in the build with a player experience focus and what we can see in Playtests reports.
DESIGN PROCESS AND DOCUMENTATION:
Write and update Mission Design documentation for your team
Get the right amount of information for QA to build test plans
Synchronize with UR to help create playtest plans
Don't overdesign, don't over document.
MISSION CREATION and TECH DESIGN:
You will design related tasks in the engine when needed, such as moving enemy start positions.
Keep in mind your main job is a design and synchronization job in a feature team that will have tech designers in it to handle complex tech design tasks.
As a Senior, you will deliver your tasks with minimal guidance.
You must be able to implement changes in the agreed direction in autonomy
You must entirely understand and anticipate the impact of your choices in terms of PRODUCTION, DEPENDENCIES, RESOURCE ASSIGNMENT, and DESIGN UPDATES.
- You have at least 5 years industry experience in a mission/level design role.
- You have strong mission design experience on action-adventure titles
- You are versed in working with narrative and tech design teams.
- Portfolio of projects or missions you can break down and discuss
- Informed communication and interpersonal skills
- Open and ready to iterate and adapt based on gameplay needs or technical challenges
- Solution oriented problem solver who can react quickly to changing project needs and drive to decisions.
- A passion for games and an ability to articulate that passion clearly and analytically
- You have a positive attitude and the ability to motivate others
- Experience working in Unreal is a plus.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Our Global Benefits & Perks
- Unlimited coaching & therapy — with Oliva, to support your mental health
- £500 annual Learning Budget — to spend on Learnerbly
- Stock Options — everyone owns a piece of our success
- Compassionate Leave — regardless of who it is, whether you’ve miscarried, or a lost a pet, you don’t need to tell us why
- Birthday Present — £150 voucher or a charity donation
- Birthday Day off — to celebrate your birthday away from work each year
- Caregiver Leave — up to 5 days each year to support your loved ones
- New baby gift — £250 toward a meal delivery or cleaning service
- Remote Working Budget – for remote workers to get out of the house
- Pension scheme — to finance those golden years
- Socials —office & remote events, play sessions and company-wide parties
- And even more benefits based on your location!
If you’re based in the UK
- 29 Annual Leave + 3 bank holidays - we’re flexible with most bank holidays so you can use the time to celebrate what’s important to you
- Long Service Days - 2 extra days added on your 2nd & 4th anniversaries with us.
- Private Medical Insurance - full cover with AXA
- Healthcare Cash Plan - Level 3 cover with Medicash
- Enhanced Family Leave - Primary caregivers; 13 weeks full pay, 13 weeks half pay, Secondary caregivers; 2 weeks full pay
- Cycle2Work Scheme - lease a bike through us and save on tax too!
- Electric Car Charging - electric car charging at our Port office in Edinburgh, Scotland.
Build A Rocket Boy is developing EVERYWHERE; an experience with a breadth of unimaginable gameplay adventure.
We are a mix of industry leading veterans whose credits include some of the best selling and most loved games of all time. We’re a creative digital entertainment studio with an open and progressive methodology, dedicated to delivering games of the highest calibre possible.If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh and Budapest and are happy to sponsor your relocation to one of these cities.
If you want to feel comfortable, inspired, and appreciated in your work pursuits then come join us. We have offices in Edinburgh, Budapest and consider WFH candidates.