This job might no longer be available.
Senior Mission Designer
USA-OR-Bend / 742
5 months ago
Sony Bend Studio, the creator of Days Gone, Syphon Filter, Resistance: Retribution and Uncharted: Golden Abyss , is looking for top talent to join our in passionate team.
We are seeking a Senior Mission Designer who will contribute to the design and development of AAA products with a specialized focus on creating mission designs and game play, utilizing a combination of creative and technical design skills.
- Work with Game Director, Narrative Director and Design Leads to author unique, exciting experiences that ramp gameplay while delivering emotional, high-quality gameplay
- Create game layouts from scratch, and work with art to iterate on existing spaces
- Own and drive development of missions from concept to final shipping state, including hands-on work using population and scripting tools
- Maintain game design standards and metrics
- Guide and mentor other team members with an eye for quality, implementation consistency, and pragmatism
- Translate user testing and internal feedback into iterative improvements
- Continually raise the bar for epic mission design gameplay and set-piece moments
- Game Design process knowledge including, but not limited to, story and character design, level design, AI design, player control, user interface, pacing, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of scripting languages and code is preferred but not required.
- Strong error checking and debug skills to help identify problems and bugs and insure the assigned design implementation tasks are always working.
- Knowledge of competitive products and various genres, as well as a personal understanding of what makes games fun and entertaining.
- Strong reading, writing, and comprehension skills.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to create and manage your own schedule
- Strong data management skills, with the ability to manage and track large amounts of data as they go through the design pipeline, with attention to naming conventions, directory structures, and other defined processes.
- 5+ years of experience in game development, having shipped two or more titles
- One or two years of post-high school education or training
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.