Senior/Mid-Level Unity Developer
4 days ago
Who We Are
We’re Sandbox VR, and we’re the most advanced virtual reality experience in the world. Our mission is to bring people closer together through world-class immersive experiences. With our Hollywood motion capture cameras, 3D body trackers, and haptic suits, we’re operating the next generation of cinemas - where our guests are the stars of their own movies. Venturing into space? You got it. Channeling your inner pirate? Absolutely. Need to get some steps but hate the gym? Our experiences definitely get our guests moving.
Since we launched in Hong Kong in 2017, we’re now live in 25 locations and 7 countries around the world. (We’re the #1 Activity in Hong Kong and Singapore on TripAdvisor, and are averaging 4.8/5 stars on our Google reviews across all US locations). Oh, did we mention we're rapidly expanding? We want you to be a part of our journey and help us build this new world!
About the job
We are looking for an experienced Unity Developer to lead Unity-based initiatives in creating complex and dynamic AAA-level VR games. You will be responsible for building and maintaining real-time solutions and toolsets in Unity. You will be part of our Demand Generation Engine team. DGE is an automated render pipeline that will capture real-time player footage, export it to After Effects, auto-edit, and render according to a preset AE template. We have created a team of incredibly talented and passionate individuals who are genuinely empowered to create and are challenged to learn and grow. For you, this means more opportunities to unleash your creativity and grow your career.
- 5+ years of experience with the Unity3D platform;
- Experience with various Unity features;
- Excellent communication skills and strong attention to detail;
- Quick learner, hardworking, with a high level of motivation, result orientation, trustworthiness, and teamwork spirit;
- Demonstrate ability to work under pressure, and strive for excellence;
- Proactive and comfortable working with both local and remote team members;
- You frequently play video games and have a strong understanding of current gaming trends and popular game releases. It’s a big plus if you have your own VR headset and regularly play VR games.
- Work closely with artists, designers, game developers, and software engineers to implement Unity-based features and support those features through tooling as needed;
- Develop tools in Unity using C#;
- Develop game logic for cinematic camera shots;
- Develop game mechanics as needed;
- Support content creation pipelines, tool development, and workflow improvements;
- Build performant, sustainable, and maintainable systems and code.
Sandbox VR is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.