This job might no longer be available.
Senior / Mid Concept Artist (Temp)
17 days ago
- Build, sketch, ideate, and iterate 2D sketches and detailed character renderings in collaboration with other developers, for 3D artists and animators to implement into working game assets
- Work closely with the Lead Character Artist and art team to visualize and develop the final look of game elements
- Perform research and analysis on given visual subjects, generate mood boards and sketches that present options and solutions within the remit provided.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the product goals and design direction. Rapidly adapt creative styles as needed while ensuring that all output adheres to and is complementary to the core game pillars and brand values.
- Collaborate and communicate with art directors, user experience designers, game designers, and producers.
- At least 4 years' professional video game development experience, or film or animation production in an artistic capacity
- Proficiency in the use of Photoshop, Illustrator, or other digital painting tools as well as traditional painting/rendering techniques
- Portfolio must the ability to work in a variety of styles, including stylized and realistic sensibilities.
- Portfolio must demonstrate an expert understanding of fundamental illustration skills such as; perspective, anatomy and expression, color and light theory, shape language, and 2D design principles including composition, value, and visual hierarchy
- Proven ability to generate a visual solution to a complex brief, whilst adhering closely to the art pillars of the project.
- Willingness to continue to learn and improve your own skills; and help other team members to do the same.
- Ability to rapidly iterate concepts and produce a variety of quick sketches showing different approaches to the same design, while also knowing when a more finished solution is needed
- Self-driven - proactively improves skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and craft techniques, evaluating competing products and learning new software packages.
- Familiarity with video game product development including workflow, tools, limits of technology, character turnarounds, storyboarding, marketing material and graphic design
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine
- Experience with Maya, Zbrush, Sketchup or other 3D content packages
- A passion for design and video games
Unbroken Studios is a Los Angeles-based team, made up of 90 veteran video game developers with proven track records in building best-in-class games, across all platforms, for the world’s largest publishers. Our list of credits includes some of the most memorable game experiences from the last twenty years including blockbuster franchises such as Battlefield, Call of Duty, Apex Legends, Arkham, and God of War. Our “unbroken” passion for game development has endured the highs and lows of this industry. There’s nothing else we’d ever do.