Senior Materials / Shader Artist (Sports)
18 days ago
Senior Materials and Shader Artist (Sports)
EA Create is a collective of content production teams partnering with EA Studios game teams to bring outstanding visuals, audio, and technology to life. Our teams comprise of artists, engineers, technicians, designers, and development directors. Worldwide, we combine our teams to form a global group of extraordinary individuals fueled by imagination and a unified passion for creating amazing visuals, sound, and experiences. We are a diverse team, unified through collaboration, culture, and craft.
As a Senior Materials and Shader Artist, you will collaborate closely with Art Direction and Lead Artists, to create Substance Designer-based materials libraries and tools, as well as in-game Frostbite shader graphs for our Sports titles. This includes authoring material sets for stadium creation, as well as more diverse environments as our range of sports titles and game modes continue to expand.
- Creating benchmark materials for use on surfaces and assets, using Substance Designer.
- Authoring Substance filters and utilities to add to our Substance toolsets.
- Look development to inform materials best practices and workflows.
- Deconstructing concept art, reference imagery, and style guides into efficient material sets and runtime material graphs.
- Effectively leveraging opportunities for reuse and modularity.
- Exploring, recommending and implementing new techniques, tools and workflows, that improve quality and efficiency.
- Establishing and maintaining team best practices.
- Mentoring junior/intermediate artists.
- Examples of material libraries and parametric runtime materials built from the ground up.
- Broad range of PBR material types, including man-made and organic surfaces, demonstrating a strong sense of natural weathering, age, and wear-and-tear.
- Examples of filters, tools, and utilities created in Substance Designer.
- Examples of runtime materials created in Unreal, Unity, or similar, a bo nus.