Senior Material Artist - Treyarch Vancouver
15 days ago
Job Title:Senior Material Artist - Treyarch Vancouver
Treyarch is looking for a Senior Material Artist to join our maps team and play a key role in crafting, integrating, and regulating environmental materials for our games.
Qualified candidates will work alongside a team of extraordinary artists who have worked on one of the most successful video game franchises of all time. Our ideal candidate is excited about creating realistic materials using photogrammetry source content that brings our environments to life. If you're passionate about video games, working collaboratively, and have an amazing materials portfolio, come join our team!
What you'll be doing…
- Collaborating closely with Art Directors, Lead Artists, and Tech Artists to deliver physically-based Materials/Textures in accordance with our projects’ artistic direction, deadlines, and technical requirements.
- Using photogrammetry source content, procedural techniques, Substance, and 3D sculpting to create photorealistic tiling materials.
- Working with scanned photogrammetry source content and travelling locally to scan content as needed using photogrammetry and photometric stereo rigs.
- Working closely with the Tech Art team to support and define new tools, shaders, features, workflows and related research and development.
- Frequently communicating and collaborating with other Activision studios on material best practices and initiatives.
- Sharing your deep passion of crafting realistic materials for current gen and next gen game experiences.
- Acting as a trusted gatekeeper for material performance, efficiency, and quality.
- Inspiring and mentoring fellow artists as a role model of initiative, accountability, and a positive attitude that is welcoming of constructive feedback.
To succeed you should have…
- Proven ability to create high-quality materials using multiple major 2D and 3D packages (3DS Max, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop and Substance) for console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
- A portfolio demonstrating a diversity of photorealistic environmental materials in one or more game engines that demonstrate use of real world scan data, procedurally generated content, and 3D sculpted techniques.
- The ability to capture and process photogrammetry content into in-game assets using Reality Capture or equivalent.
- A solid understanding of PBR standards and surface/light interactions.
- A strong understanding of how 3D environments are assembled in game engines such as Unreal, Radiant, etc.
- Strong opinions and knowledge about what it takes to achieve photorealistic materials.
- Self-motivated, independent and ability to self-manage to meet deadlines with minimal direction.
- Strong communication skills, being able to proactively update stakeholders with information and assets, and knows when to ask for help.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in the game industry developing materials/textures for next gen AAA games with at least 3 shipped titles in the console / PC space.
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.”
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is a videogame studio whose purpose is to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. With this purpose in mind, we crafted the award winning Call of Duty: Black Ops series and pioneered the fan favorite Zombies mode.
At Treyarch, we empower the team to be individually driven to innovate on our games, processes, and culture. How we do things is just as important as what we do.
Studio culture and development, we believe it’s a team effort and that collaboration and hearing one another is key. Every day we face the large and small challenges together and every voice matters.
These values guide us in our mission to create moments that matter. Both to the players and to us, the creators. In an era where triumphs and defeats are readily shared, seeing players engage with our creations gives us great pride. Come help us create that next moment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch , and @treyarch on Twitter.
PS, we’ve also got some pretty amazing office perks and benefits, like 20 vacation days and 16 holidays, 10 weeks of family leave, free lunches and snacks at our office, comprehensive healthcare, and more! Check out all the details here for more information: https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.