Senior Material Artist [Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora]
12 days ago
Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora™ is a first-person, action-adventure game developed by Massive Entertainment – a Ubisoft studio in collaboration with Lightstorm Entertainment and Disney. Built using the latest iteration of the Snowdrop engine, and developed exclusively for the new generation of consoles and PC, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora brings to life the alluring world of Pandora with all of its beauty and danger in an immersive, open-world experience.
As a Senior Material Artist on our Avatar project at Massive, you'll have a fantastic opportunity to impact the overall look and feel of our game. Your challenge will be; to not only create great Material assets, but also to help set up Material art pipelines, and collaborate/coordinate your efforts with various key stakeholders across our production.
This is a permanent position based in Malmö Sweden, with the opportunity to work partially from home according to our Flexible Workplace Policy. Please apply in English (our company language), and we’ll check your application asap!
What you'll do
- Creating high-quality textures/materials using tools like Substanc e ;
- Collaborating with Technical Artists to develop advanced shaders, optimize assets, create efficient tile-able textures, smart materials in Substance , as well as communicate the challenges as you go.
- Overseeing and developing our material library;
- Assisting in the design, implementation, and maintenance of material art pipelines;
- Collaborating with stakeholders to maintain the visual quality and processes across the development;
- Researching new texture tools and techniques to create more efficient and visually appealing environments.
What you'll bring
You are a material enthusiast and have extensive experience with game art/development pipelines. You're autonomous, empathic, and a great communicator in English (our company language), which allows you to collaborate with various stakeholders, and drive your ideas forward from concept to implementation.
Besides the above we’re looking for someone aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience:
- An extensive portfolio of Materials at AAA/reailsm quality;
- Proven work experience through several AAA game development cycles, with credits on at least 1 major title as a Texture / Material Artist, or a directly related role;
- Expert skills in Substance ;
- Strong modeling skills in 3DS Max, Blender, Maya, and/or the equivalent tools ;
- Familiarity with node-based game engines like Unity , Unreal , and/or Snowdrop (our inhouse engine) ;
- Solid understanding of PBR rendering and material/light interactions;
Massive Entertainment is a world-leading AAA studio located in Malmö Sweden and is part of the Ubisoft family. We’re a multinational team of more than 750 passionate and highly skilled people from 50+ different countries. Our studio’s goal has always been – and still is – to craft the finest gaming experiences for all players.
At Massive, you get to do what you love most while bringing your own experience to our ongoing projects, like Tom Clancy’s The Division 2, Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, and The Star Wars Project. We're also developing new tech here, such as our in-house engine Snowdrop, and Ubisoft Connect - Ubisoft's digital ecosystem and distribution platform.
You can also find a summary of the Massive Job Perks here.
All your application information will be kept confidential according to EEO & GDPR guidelines.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.