Senior Brand Strategist
San Mateo, CA, United States
8 months ago
It’s not often you come across a company like Roblox. We are the one and only cloud-based platform where millions of people from around the globe join together to imagine, create, and play.
Roblox is one of the fastest-growing, privately-held technology companies in the world. Roblox is a technology platform company in hyper-growth mode with over 115M avid monthly users. We also have the most loyal and dedicated fans, with well over a billion hours of engagement each month. When we say we’re bringing the world together through play, we mean it.
Much like our platform, the possibilities at Roblox are limitless. We’re looking for someone who’s eager to take on a meaningful role in the ongoing success of Roblox on a massive scale. Someone who takes play seriously, but also isn’t afraid to have some fun either. If that someone is you, let’s talk.
Our corporate brand is one of the most important factors for recruiting the best and brightest at Roblox. We are looking for a strategic expert to lead the creation of our employment brand narrative which in turn will optimize our top of funnel recruiting activities, engagement strategies, and our on-site candidate experience. In addition, this person will also lead the marketing efforts to support our digital civility initiatives as we expand our global leadership footprint in this critical area.
To be successful in the role, this person will need to be a creative marketing visionary driven to connect our story to the external talent market, parents, players, and creators. The ideal candidate will have significant experience working with a recruitment marketing strategy and at a global high-profile brand or tech company, preferably a startup. International experience and knowledge about diverse cultural, social, and business landscapes is a plus. This person will need to thrive in a fast-paced environment, be data-driven, flexible, and detail-oriented to manage highly visible complex projects. The ideal candidate will have experience communicating across key stakeholders such as product marketing, public relations, communications, IT, HR, design, and engineering.
Employee Branding – Drive strategy, creation, and execution of all employment brand content.
Digital Presence – Work closely with product managers, engineers, and other team leads to support the development of Roblox corporate website creative and content.
Thought Leadership Development - Create and evolve a Medium based technical blog by partnering with Engineering, Product, and Design team to generate ideas and develop content.
People Management – You will manage and mentor a direct report. The position also involves extensive interaction with internal and external partners requiring collaboration and management of partner resources and creative development.
Data-Driven Focus - Leverage data and user research to track and evaluate brand performance and develop insight-based recommendations for action to deliver effective targeted campaigns and brand experiences throughout the recruiting and onboarding process.
Creative Development – Partner with internal digital creative and AV team to produce compelling cross-channel marketing elements for Roblox brand, licensing, events, and partnerships.
- BA/BS degree at a minimum, MBA a plus.
- 6+ years of work experience with a proven track record in driving marketing programs
- Effectively communicates and presents to a variety of audiences (business and technical) and stakeholders at various levels, including the executive team.
- Demonstrated ability in launching and growing innovative products
- Dynamic, confident personality with the ability to successfully define and drive project execution with minimal guidance amidst multiple priorities and goals
- Creative thinker that can generate innovative marketing ideas and lead a cross-functional team of stakeholders to drive execution
- Exceptional team player with proven ability to lead through influence
- Proven track record in performing well in a fast-paced environment and organizational skills to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines effectively
- A sense of humor, tenacity, and grace under pressure
- Ability to work effectively both independently and collaboratively within fast-paced, diverse cross-functional teams
- Project management experience and a strong ability to set priorities, establish processes or drive improvements on existing methods
- You are comfortable with a dynamic environment when priorities and tactics change rapidly and you’re able to adapt quickly.
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Dropbox, Confluence, Trello, Jira, Slack. Proficiency with WordPress is a plus.
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass