Senior Marketing Manager, User Acquisition
San Francisco, CA
8 days ago
Kongregate is a leading game publisher, web gaming destination, and the owner of the Kartridge PC gaming platform. We are focused on supporting the growth of independent game developers and player communities. Our mission is to build a safe place for everyone to share their passion for games.
What started as a small team of gaming evangelists has grown into a thriving business with over 110 employees across 4 offices: our headquarters in San Francisco and 3 satellite offices in Portland, Chicago, & San Diego. A subsidiary of leading international digital entertainment group, MTG, we are a tight-knit team of gamers that works hard and plays harder, all while maintaining sustainable work hours.
Our mobile games, including the idle genre-defining AdVenture Capitalist and collectible card game Animation Throwdown, have been downloaded hundreds of millions of times.
As a Senior Marketing Manager, User Acquisition you will be responsible for owning all marketing channels for your assigned mobile games. You will be:
- Owning the end to end marketing funnel including marketing budgets, creative, and testing pipeline for your assigned games
- Creating advertising plans that align with individual game goals and adjusting them dynamically based on results
- Launching campaigns with external marketing vendors/channels and tracking key KPIs including CTR, CVR, CPI, retention targets, and ROAS and performing daily campaign optimizations as necessary
- Managing relationships with advertising platform representatives at third-party networks
- Identifying new partner, platform, and optimization opportunities to drive campaign performance
- Reporting on results to key stakeholders including external partners and executives
- Coordinating with our design team to create new assets based on best performing advertisements
- Driving strategic initiatives and programs, building channels and training others to enhance the greater marketing program
Our ideal candidate is analytical, has marketing experience, and a background in mobile gaming. What you should bring to the team:
- Quantitative degree or equivalent experience (Marketing, Math, Economics, etc.).
- 5-7 Years in mobile and/or web marketing, ideally with a focus on user acquisition
- A strong understanding of the mobile digital marketing space including various media buying strategies and options (CPM, CPC, CPI, CPE)
- Experience managing large scale marketing budgets, preferably across all mobile advertising channels including Facebook, UAC, and buying on major video ad networks
- Excellent Excel skills and experience with data visualization platforms (Tableau) and manipulation. SQL proficiency a plus
- Stellar communication skills and the ability to clearly convey marketing strategies, performance, and metrics to stakeholders with varying levels of marketing knowledge
- Ability to work on multiple projects at a time, is self motivated, and works well in high stress environments
- Experience managing 1-2 direct reports a plus
This position is for our Portland
or San Francisco
locations. To apply, click here
or use the application form below.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For San Francisco-based employment, pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.