Senior Marketing Manager, New IP
12 days ago
The Bungie Publishing team is looking for an experienced and creative Senior Marketing Manager to help drive awareness, sales, and growth for the next Bungie IP. This role will work directly with our Senior Director of Sales and Marketing and our publishing teams to deliver strategic, data informed, and creative marketing campaigns that our active community of players and our potential new players will enjoy.
The ideal candidate has experience crafting and unleashing innovative entertainment marketing, a deep understanding of the complex relationships required to hit ambitious sales targets, and the ability to reach audiences with compelling messages. To find success, you will need to excel at cross-team collaboration and communication, managing external partnerships and agencies, and be able to work extraordinarily well with our production staff to properly scope and prioritize projects.
With the uncertainty and rapidly changing circumstances surrounding COVID-19, most positions at Bungie are expected to onboard and work from home for a significant portion of 2021. In 2022, most Bungie employees will adopt a flexible schedule working from home part time (outside of positions identified as either 100% onsite or fully remote in WA & CA). Currently only a select range of positions are available for full-time remote work in WA & CA (please review location for details). Prospective employees located outside of CA & WA will need to establish WA state residency within 45 days of a start date. Bungie’s work from home, flexible work schedule, and remote policy is subject to change at the company’s discretion.
- Help define and then drive key global marketing strategies, initiatives, and projects for the next Bungie IP and make sure they deliver against the global business goals
- Ensure key stakeholders and executional elements are in alignment and that critical information is being transparently communicated to all relevant parties
- Partner with cross function teams (Marketing, PR, Community, Publishing Production, International, etc.) to work towards global goals with marketing tailored for regional impact
- Track and report on the performance of live marketing initiatives and make recommendations to improve effectiveness while maintaining a high degree of analytical understanding
- Work with product marketing and development teams to effectively manage and unlock support from our first party platform relationships
- Drive the creative briefs for agencies, vendors, and other required resources
- As a key member of the Publishing organization group provide strategic recommendations into Bungie planning sessions on strike plans and strategies
- Lead, coordinate, and manage the operational and administrative components of assigned projects
- Work with Publishing production to unlock resources for larger projects
- A deep understanding of the full marketing mix as it pertains to organic and paid strategies as well as brand, community, and acquisition focused marketing
- Experience delivering highly performant marketing campaigns that factor and expertly balance our vision for a remarkable player experience with sales and business goals
- Detailed knowledge of the full range of marketing strategies, initiatives, watch outs, and activities required to support a successful go to market and ongoing live business
- Strong project management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, schedule and plan across several ongoing projects
- Ability to navigate complex crisis management scenarios and find creative solutions to unplanned challenges
- Able to handle multiple projects under tight deadlines; organized, detail-oriented and friendly
- Deep familiarity with Bungie and its online player communities
- Experience with enterprise scale live operations, games as a service, MMO, F2P, and mobile
- Knowledge of the PC and console gaming space