This job might no longer be available.
Senior Marketing Manager, Export
2 months ago
Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
The Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for planning and executing all product marketing plans in relation to multi-format videogame releases, in conjunction with 2K’s contracted distributors & agencies. The Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for ensuring all plans are implemented on time and on budget across all 2K Export markets. The Senior Marketing Manager will also be responsible for the management of an Export Product Manager.
- The planning and execution of all product marketing plans in relation to multi-format videogame releases. Plans should be synched with Global strategies and tailored to various local market needs as required, including working with distributors to ensure relevant and impactful marketing activity for each allocated title. All plans should incorporate the full marketing mix, as well as strategy, product positioning and marketing tactics
- Accurately position allocated products in the marketplace, identifying key market segments and providing relevant reports and analyses – competitor analyses/risk analyses etc. Navigate territory nuances alongside distributors to ensure relevant and impactful trade marketing activity is in place across the Export region.
- Understand and help augment the Marketing Directors vision of current and new product brands in the short, mid and long term. Offer Export insights and ideas that will improve the perception, grow & expand the audience and ultimately increase the commercial viability of given product brands
- Manage product marketing budgets effectively, allocating to agencies / distributor for maximum impact, ensuring all approvals and sought and obtained
- Product lifecycle management. Identify and highlight market opportunities and provide relevant reports while exploring options for research and analysis (audience segmentation, competitor analyses, risk analyses etc)
- Work with the sales, GTM and global marketing teams to understand changes in consumer spending and habits across Export. Effectively manage any shifts needed in the budget & marketing activity across the territory to optimise the spend and the creative.
- Management of internal and external creative resources to develop high quality, impactful marketing assets & plans, ensure timely and accurate delivery of materials
- Work closely with the distributors and internal Sales Team to provide the best possible support including assets, product information, product demo training and when required product demonstrations to distributors
- Manage and control relevant third party suppliers and agencies to develop and implement effective cross-promotion marketing activity, ensuring maximum efficiency and awareness is achieved
- Work closely with the Export PR and Social Managers to maximize community engagement and ensure marketing and PR plans link effectively for each product
- Conduct regular pre-order / post launch sales reviews and suggest ideas for re-promotions, DLC cross purchase and offer thoughts on how to drive additional and recurrent consumer spending to ensure products reach or exceed targets
- Embrace and put forward new ideas for audience expansion, test and learn, process updates and new product understanding across the Export market to capitalise on opportunities for growth in the territory
- Line management responsibility of the Export Product Manager, including mentoring and development.
Building and Developing Relationships
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships and communication with external agencies/distributors, 2K GTM, Global Marketing, Global comms, and the Take Two Sales team
- Build and maintain good working relationships with external suppliers including hardware partners, promotional & media agencies.
- Become a proactive marketing team member within the 2K structure and an ambassador for 2K in the Export territories.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
- Min 5+ years or relevant marketing experience ideally in a similar Export regional role at a top tier company
- Excellent understanding of marketing principles, planning and strategy, with demonstrable skills and effectiveness in these areas.
- A portfolio that includes several successful marketing campaigns.
- Largely Autonomous - can be briefed and will manage themselves and external distributors & media agencies
- The ability to deliver a mid and long-term strategic vision for the brand/s.
- Demonstrable examples of the use of data analysis to guide strategic planning and audience expansion for current and new products.
- An ability to interface with higher management for strategy development, executional planning and reporting.
- An ability to provide guidance for direct report/s, ensuring clarity around priorities and goals for their functional area.
- The ability to work across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration on achievement of shared goals, ensuring these shared goals cascade down to all direct report/s.
- Demonstrable examples of request approvals at a senior level of authority.
- A strong understanding of the commercial value of good marketing, and how it contributes to business success when integrated with PR and social media.
- Creative flair, with demonstrable examples of the management of creative, break-out campaigns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely well organized, with strong administrational skills. An ability to multi-task is essential.
- A dedication to professionalism including self-presentation, time keeping, strong work ethic and a desire to continually self-improve and be innovative.
- Strong influencing skills across a wide array of internal and external stakeholders
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high-quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise. 2K is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavour to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.