Senior Marketing Content Writer
9 days ago
ustwo New York is looking for a Senior Content Writer to join our small but mighty marketing team. You will be responsible for executing a content strategy to help us achieve studio and global level marketing and business goals. The role is also a cultural one, and a key element is to capture the vibrancy of ustwo and translate it into compelling content. You will nurture the team at ustwo New York to help them find their voices and efficiently produce content. Additionally, you will work on global projects that straddle our London, Malmö, Lisbon and Tokyo studios. This role offers a high amount of freedom. You’ll be encouraged to innovate, experiment, and work closely with the global marketing team.
- Under the mentorship of our Marketing Content Lead, create and maintain an editorial calendar for the New York studio.
- Collaboratively manage our global social media channels.
- Write copy for a variety of channels including social media, website, blogs, press, and sales enablement.
- Research and develop a deep understanding of what is relevant for our communities, our clients, our prospects, and potential recruits in order to create effective content. It is important that we’re not creating in a vacuum, that we’re listening to our audiences’ needs and crafting content that will be helpful to them, positioning ustwo as an important voice with a strong point of view. Part of this is to coach our people on what makes good content and how important it is to align with the value we create for our customers.
- Produce content in a variety of formats such as videos, decks, articles, and social posts. There is an active writing component to this role, however, we would like to find someone that is comfortable creating for a variety of formats and audiences.
- Work very closely with our Marketing Campaign Executive to develop or commission content fit for our lead-generation campaigns, and with our Lead Marketing Technologist to continually improve the content on our website.
- 5+ years of professional journalistic, social media, or communications experience preferred (at least one of these — if you have all three, well, it’s always fun to talk to a super-person).
- Excellent writing skills. You understand how to flex your writing style depending on the purpose or audience.
- Strong editorial skills. Part of the role is to help our people create better and more effective content in a variety of formats.
- Strong organizational skills and are able to prioritize. We are a company with a lot of ideas; it’s a skill to prioritize those with the best chance of success.
- An understanding of social media at a professional level (posting on Instagram from time to time doesn’t count) and experience maintaining and growing social channels for community and sales building purposes. You can create/commission social assets as well as use social media management systems and listening tools.
- A work portfolio, personal projects, and/or specific job experience that demonstrate your suitability for this role.
- An understanding and appreciation for design, product development, and technology, and are able to identify industry trends that can be woven into your content.
- The ability to comfortably engage with stakeholders at all levels and present your work, ideas, or achievements in a compelling way to large audiences.
- Experience working with Google Docs and Slides. Bonus if you are familiar with Figma, Keynote, and other design tools.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The base salary range for this full-time role is between $90,000 and $110,000 USD. Actual salary amount within this range will be dependent on the candidate's experience, skillset, market knowledge, and salaries of current employees in similar roles. We benchmark our salaries regularly against competitive market data so these ranges will be subject to change.
Additionally, all Full-Time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- Fully paid Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage
- 401k with up to 5% company matching
- 20 Days PTO
- Up to 15 additional closed days per year, including the last week of the year
- Hybrid working model
- Transit and Health FSA programs
- Citibike and Zipcar memberships
- One Medical and Talkspace Memberships
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Annual Growth & Development Budget
- Monthly Wellness & Cell Phone Contributions
Interested but think your experience doesn’t perfectly align with this job description? That’s ok. Research shows underrepresented groups in particular are less inclined to apply for jobs where they don’t meet 100% of the requirements listed. We’d still love to hear from you if you feel passionate about this role!
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our colleagues, clients, community, and the users of our products. We don’t have all the answers but we’re on a journey, and we are learning together.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
ustwo combines expertise in product and service development, ventures and gaming to make a meaningful impact on the challenges companies and individuals face in contemporary culture.
Over the years, we have been carving out a reputation in the space between digital product development and new experience design.
Our deep product development knowledge, our design heritage and our leadership at the edges of technology and culture, means we are capable of providing fresh creative and strategic direction on genuinely new experiences, as well as deep technical expertise on implementation - never disconnecting strategy from implementation.
This combination of capabilities is rare and valuable, particularly in a market that’s seeing ever-increasing convergence of entertainment, gaming, content, commerce, and platforms.