Senior Marketing Art Director
Chicago, IL, United States
23 days ago
The vision for our global marketing creative team at Zynga is informed by an aggressive pursuit of new and different ideas, rapid creative development, and efficient production. We develop creative executions across paid and owned channels that invite and encourage millions of players worldwide to take part in our games as well as keep players engaged, informed, and rewarded for their active participation. Our creative and production processes prioritize achieving both performance objectives and executional excellence while we all endeavor to foster a collaborative culture that embraces and drives creative trends in the mobile acquisition space.
The Senior Art Director on Zynga’s Marketing team will manage the entire Marketing Creative team of Motion Graphic Artists, Graphic Designers, and 2D/3D artists across multiple studio and/or office locations around the globe. This team is dedicated to contributing to a high-volume, high-velocity pipeline of Video and Display UA advertising creative, storefront assets, social/community marketing assets, and lifecycle marketing assets for all Zynga’s titles. The Senior Art Director will partner with our UA Creative and Product Marketing leadership teams to understand and quantify needs against both performance and brand/product marketing objectives, and direct this team in executing against those needs and objectives, as well as maintaining the quality assurance standards of all work produced.
- Work with Zynga Marketing Creative and Product Marketing leadership in order to define priorities, refine process and sustain an aggressive delivery cadence
- Lead a global team of Art Directors, motion/video artists, graphic designers, and 2D/3D artists in their development and execution of Video/Display advertising, iOS/Google Play storefront assets, and social/community/email marketing executions.
- Foster a deep understanding of our games and their audiences and inspire/inform the team with that understanding.
- Create and maintain a communicative, collaborative relationship with game team stakeholders.
- Establish and fortify incoming art asset pipelines to ensure and maintain optimal production efficiency
- Support, reflect and amplify the values of our collaborative creative culture - making sure all individual voices are heard, success is acknowledged and contributions to Zynga business objectives are shared
- Lead art reviews with directors and staff, providing constructive and positive feedback
- Empower and support the team’s thought & execution processes so that they may thrive/succeed in meeting aggressive production and delivery schedules
- Understand and be able to articulate both strategic and aesthetic rationale with regard to creative/art direction for both UA/performance advertising as well as for brand marketing vehicles
- Mentor artists and designers to help them grow into increasingly larger and more influential roles
- 7+ years in a senior marketing art/creative role, preferably with mobile game acquisition experience (either client/publisher or agency side)
- 5+ years managing large teams (~20-50) of artists across multiple disciplines and functions.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of Art Direction for user acquisition advertising, iOS/Google Play storefront assets, and social/community/email marketing
- Exceptional people-management skills with experience guiding individual contributors to reach their career goals and expand their skill sets
- An expert eye for color, composition, storytelling, visual effects, and typography as well as a thorough, practical understanding of motion and static design as it relates to the mobile platform.
- Deep understanding of the marketing landscape specific to the mobile game industry
- Exceptional leadership qualities and best-of-breed communication skills
- Advanced understanding of 2D/3D video and display ad development tools and pipeline.
- Strong understanding of mobile game technology
- Passion for mass-market casual games is a big plus
What we offer you:
- Zynga Stock RSUs and Bonus Plan
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits as well as life insurance
- Generous Paid Maternity/Paternity leave
- Open vacation policy for many employees
- Flexible working hours on many teams
- Casual dress every single day
- Work with cool people!
Zynga is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud of our diverse community; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, disability, or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law. We welcome candidates, players, employees, and partners from all backgrounds. Join us!
Zynga will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
Zynga is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodations during the interview process, please let us know.