Senior Market Analyst and Product Owner
6 months ago
We are looking for a Senior Analyst and Product Owner who can work magic with data to help us
improve both our visibility of the market and the performance of our titles.
We are looking for someone proactive and motivated to push beyond accepted industry best-practice and build incredible tools to help move the business forward. We believe that having the right person in this role will have a huge impact on our success!
Working at TIC:
The Irregular Corporation is a successful independent games publisher, focusing on releasing original games for niche markets and communities. Find out more about us here: https://theirregularcorporation.com/
We’re a small and nimble team of experienced professionals, with every member having direct input on strategy, decision making and company performance. Due to the success of recent launches and rapid growth of the company, we’re excited to be expanding our team!
We’re a remote working organisation, so you can work from anywhere. We use instant messaging, video calls and documentation to communicate, and we all get together in London once a quarter (frequency may change).The role will require occasional travel – occasional meetings in London alongside our quarterly strategy off-sites.
1. Title Forecasting & Performance Analysis
You are responsible for curating, interpreting and presenting data to enable us to make strong decisions. You will:
- Forecast title performance pre-launch
- Forecast performance post-launch (Including marketing PPC data / ROI, etc)
- Identify new opportunities based on data
- Evaluate new title potential (Eg, Estimate market size, competitors, etc)
- Monitor overall business metrics & flag trends / potential optimizations
- Maintain & refine the weekly data-dashboard sent out to the business
2. Product Owner for Data-lead Initiatives
We want to build sophisticated tools and systems that leverage public and private data
sources to improve our knowledge of the market and ability to predict future
performance of all of titles.
- Define use cases & stories
- Source, vet & commission External teams or freelancers to produce the tools
- Efficiently manage a budget to maximize ROI
- Pro-actively suggest new tools, systems, products and initiatives
3. Market Analysis
We are a commercially driven publisher in a fast-moving market, as such, it is important
that we monitor market & competitor movements.
- Provide forecasts, reports and analysis on Competitor title launches
- Provide general market movement analysis
- Identify high potential IP or Market Niches for us to invest in
- Take on special projects from time to time (eg, analysis of prospective
- acquisitions, etc)
- Machine learning and predictive modelling.
How to apply & really impress us
As a people first company, our biggest priority is to hire the right person. A cover letter that tells us a bit about you and what you’re passionate about really helps to get our attention and distinguish your application from the crowd.
We receive heap loads of applications, and while we do our best to respond, we can't always guarantee this.