This job might no longer be available.
Senior Manager of Software Engineering
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 months ago
Launched in 2011, Twitch is a global community that comes together each day to create multiplayer entertainment: unique, live, unpredictable experiences created by the interactions of millions. We bring the joy of co-op to everything, from casual gaming to world-class esports to anime marathons, music, and art streams. Twitch also hosts TwitchCon, where we bring everyone together to celebrate, learn, and grow their personal interests and passions. We’re always live at Twitch. Stay up to date on all things Twitch on Linkedin, Twitter and on our Blog.
About the Role
Twitch is building the future of interactive entertainment. The video engineering group is responsible for delivering high quality video streams to end users as our platform grows, while also continuing to iterate on features that add business value , improve operational efficiency, and optimize delivery costs. We are looking for a Senior Software Development Manager, with strong architectural and management skills to lead the Video API team for an exciting new product. You will use your experience building effective organizations and scalable processes to help scale engineering and ensure that large projects with complex components are delivered efficiently and with high quality . You will work closely with the individual contributors and leads on your teams, as well as cross-team with engineering, product, operations and business leadership. You will ensure that our core product stays stable and scales indefinitely and new products & features are delivered faster, as we grow. The ideal candidate will have spent 10+ years as a hands-on engineer building complex systems, and at least 5-8 years leading and building a team of engineers to do the same.
- Build a new engineering team and function from scratch
- Own the vision for the Interactivity team for the Live Video Service and build a feasible engineering roadmap to support growth
- Lead the team in planning and execution of the projects in a timely manner and maintain a high standard of engineering excellence
- Own reporting of metrics, SLAs , and roadmap progress to internal stakeholders
- Provide technical & quality stewardship to team
- Attract, develop and retain top engineering talent
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with a bias towards action
- Strong communication skills with the ability to manage complex relationships across teams
- 5-8 years of hands on management experience, with experience keeping highly skilled teams motivated
- 10+ years of hands-on development experience building complex systems.
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Maternity & Parental Leave
- Flexible PTO
- Amazon Employee Discount
- Monthly Contribution & Discounts for Wellness Related Activities & Programs (e.g., gym memberships, off-site massages , etc. )
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Twitch. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.