Senior Manager, User Experience Design - Player Platform
5 months ago
Designers at Riot will create outstanding experiences for our players. We work in problem spaces that are complex and ambiguous -- and product areas that generally encompass multiple features and span across teams. We work from concept through the product development lifecycle and collaborate with other disciplines to create cohesive experiences.
As a Senior Manager, User Experience Design of Player Dynamics on Player Platform, you'll help set the experiential strategy to create healthy social environments and positive social experiences for players. Managing a team of UX, system and game designers, you’ll help them develop player experiences that meet Player Platform objectives and consult with Game teams to deliver positive social outcomes. You and your team will work with other designers on Player Platform to produce engaging, intuitive, and appropriate designs for online communities -- ranging from in-game to around-the-game systems.
You will report to the Senior Director of Product Direction in Player Platform.
- Partner with the Head of Player Dynamics and leaders across Game Design, Player Platform Product and Player Platform Design to create a social and community UX vision and strategy for Player Platform and across Riot
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the motivations and behaviors of players, fans and social dynamics of communities
- Manage a diverse team of talented designers to deliver design solutions that exceeds player needs and expectations
- Ensure design and development teams are provided with the right artifacts at the right time (e.g., strategy articulation, user research findings, social heuristic evaluation reports, system design documents, dynamic journey or experience maps, wireframes (or flows), Prototypes , low-fidelity mockups, storyboards, culture maps, design frameworks, policy recommendations) in order to deepen understanding and meet product goals
- Collaborate closely with Game teams to ensure the seamless integration of social systems into the game development process to ensure the best player experience
- Generate data and insights to create presentations and designs at the right level of fidelity to communicate design intent to executives and leaders
- 5+ years of experience (depending on degree) designing digital product experiences, games as a service/ live services, and platforms as a User Experience Designer
- At least 2 years of management experience for Games as a Service or living product
- Familiarity with design with Game Engines
- Experience with industry standard digital design and prototyping tools (e.g., Figma, Adobe XD, Invision, Axure, Framer, etc.)
- A minimum of a BA/ BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Computer Science, Interaction Design, Communication Design, Psychology, Sociology or equivalent
- Experience researching or working directly with moderation or psychology of online communities or social spaces.
- Familiarity with natural language processing and other forms of machine learning.
- 2+ year of Game Engine development and front-end markup skills are a bonus
- Experience designing, developing, and launching large social and/or game features.
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will be looking at your past work products, experience, and your personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about the experiences of players, this could be the role for you!
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.