Senior Manager, Technical Product Management - Riot Direct
Los Angeles, California, United States
17 days ago
As the Senior Manager, Technical Product Management on the Riot Direct team, you will report directly into the Head of Infrastructure. You will help manage the vision for a set of services that help grow our global production network and how we provide our players with the most reliable low-latency gaming experience possible. Riot Direct was set up to help us get our player traffic on to a high speed and reliable backbone as close to the player as practical and to ensure we could get traffic to and from our server locations as fast as possible. It has grown in scope over the years and also carries traffic to support our collaborative development environments, centralized multi-game services, and even remote broadcast video production for esports events.
- Manage the long-term vision, and roadmap for products as they mature, maintain a deep competitive awareness and identify global business opportunities worthy of investment
- Engage with our customers and partners, to learn about the needs of our ecosystem and to provide relevant priorities from customers
- Lead collaboration across our teams (engineering, delivery, product) and customers and partners to create feature priorities, product releases and customer engagement
- Lead the team in creating a process to ensure each new release has a well-defined critical metrics and the proper tracking to measure essential product and business metrics.
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with ISP or Carrier operations and infrastructure design and management.
- Team leadership and partner management skills
- Experience with operational and development challenges relevant to the Internet industry.
- Understanding of the Internet peering ecosystem and BGP .
- Worked with and led agile teams
- Can simplify complex technical issues convincingly to different audiences
- BA/BS+ in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 10+ years professional experience in program/product management, operations management consulting or engineering
- Experience with cloud infrastructure and how to connect a network to it.
- Direct technical experience with service provider grade network hardware in an operations or engineering capacity.
- Understanding of Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD tools such as Terraform or Jenkins and their value at scale.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
Don’t forget to include a resume and cover letter. We receive many applications, but we’ll notice a fun, well-written intro that shows us you Dare to Dream and Execute with Excellence.