Senior Manager, Strategic Planning
San Mateo, CA, United States
11 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Stategic Planning
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Manager of Strategic Planning will link the global Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Supply Chain teams by presenting supply plans, sales forecasts, projected inventory levels and demand management plans. This position will own the Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) process for PlayStation both regionally and globally and will work with our varying regions to ensure the right product is available on a timely basis while also achieving the overall inventory management objectives while minimizing excess and obsolescence. They will evolve the monthly regional and global ESOP meetings with key reports and performance metrics.
- Lead monthly S&OP meetings; ensure inventory levels will meet sales plan as well as corporate inventory objectives
- Develop, implement and sustain S&OP processes that result in a coordinated sales, production and inventory plan
- Develop and implement process and system improvements for S&OP using an analytical approach, supported with appropriate data analysis
- Lead the compilation of data from multiple regions and sources to prepare the executive level S&OP presentations
- Provide scenario analysis of Inventory Allocation and manage regional and global allocation discussions as needed. Evolve current tools to support holistic decisions
- Work with supply chain individuals to resolve any raw material or external capacity issues that may impact demand planning
- Report projected impact of demand plans on future inventory levels for all warehouses globally
- Build yearly inventory budget and supervise performance in providing revised forecasts on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Enthusiastic person who embraces and facilitates change with a sense of urgency
- Strong project management skills with the ability to influence, work effectively and implement solutions in a team environment
- Extremely organized, detailed oriented and methodical
- Proven track record to prioritize multiple and often competing tasks and demands
- Demonstrated poise and ease when interacting with all levels of the organization
- Strong logical reasoning skills and business intelligence
- Ability to effectively work cross-functionally with other leaders in the organization to build successful business outcomes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other Supply Chain related field
- At least eight years of experience in supply chain, demand planning and/or purchasing
- APICS and/or CPIM certified preferred
- Experience with major ERP systems such as SAP preferred
- Strong MS Office application skills – Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.