Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Live Services
Los Angeles, California, United States
1 month ago
Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it’s for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
As a leader within Live Services, you will be part of a broad team that enables Riot to launch and operate multiple games at scale. You will work with teams across Live Operations, Player Support, and Localization. Whether game teams need help serving millions of players around the globe, ensuring players’ issues are resolved in a timely manner, or simply ensuring players are able to play their game in their native language, Live Services is there to support them.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the chance to work in many broader domains. As a Senior Manager, Software Engineering in Live Services , you will oversee the health and performance of the Engineering Discipline across Riot’s Live Services group. You will work with other discipline leads in leading various teams of developers in pursuit of our product goals. You will also be accountable for the organizational leadership of all engineers working in Live Services. You will hire to grow the team as Riot matures in operating multiple games and will coach managers on the team to create an effective and inclusive work environment.
- Manage a group of over 20 software engineers ranging from associate to people managers
- Partner with your Tech Lead to provide technical direction to Live Services engineering teams
- Create a diverse and inclusive team where all members feel they have a voice and are welcome
- Be a supportive career coach for the engineers on your team
- Partner with recruiting in hiring outstanding engineers
- Partner with product and delivery leads to ensure your team is delivering on time and at high quality
- Represent your team’s point of view and priorities to other teams and products
- Hold your team accountable to Riot’s engineering and performance standards and Riot Values
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience)
- Experience as a Senior Software Engineer or higher
- 10+ years of software industry experience
- 4+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of video game industry experience
- 2+ years experience managing managers
- 5+ years hands on experience with Java or Python
- 5+ years distributed systems experience
- Demonstrated experience developing a team and holding them accountable to many of the responsibilities above
- Experience leading teams in live operations settings
- Experience leading remote teams
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).