Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Discovery & Onboarding Services
17 days ago
At Unity, we are passionate about gaming, and we love that we provide professional and indie creators with the leading platform to bring their ideas to life. Monthly, billions of gamers around the world discover incredible games that are Made with Unity, contributing to the success of developers and the delight of game players. We want to go one step further. We believe that the world is a better place with more creators in it, and we see that game players themselves are becoming the creators of the future.
We are embarking on a mission to provide players with creative products and to also enhance the discovery of games. Join this new team as we explore the possibilities and shape the future of creativity and content discovery.
As the Senior Manager Engineering on the newly minted Consumer team, you will be leading a team of engineers who are developing the best consumer facing experience for Developers and Players. This role will require collaboration with product managers and designers to align on product requirements and vision, and make that come to life, with quality and scalability always at the forefront. This position is located in Austin, Texas, and will report to the VP, Publishing Channels.
What you’ll be doing
- Manage multiple development teams that are working on Developer, Player, and internal facing solutions for our Consumer business
- Partner with individuals across the organization to help define requirements across those solutions. Be the Engineering expert in those discussions
- Select the best technology and technical design needed to deliver on our amazing promise to shape the future of creativity and content discovery.
- Run the processes and practices of the team to deliver features with quality
- Consistently implement on time and regularly report back to team leadership around delivery, opportunities, and challenges
What we’re looking for
- Passion for making developers successful, and giving players the experience they have always wanted
- Consistent track record of working with business partners to translate needs into functional and impactful architecture and development plans.
- Experience building full-stack solutions
- Ability to lead projects through all phases including identifying user requirements, technical design & implementation, and final delivery and refinement with partners
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com .
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.