Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Art Tools
1 month ago
Unity is accelerating the development of artist tools, with products such as Wētā Digital Tools, Ziva Dynamics and SpeedTree, to make the entire process of crafting 3D graphics, content and experiences more intuitive and accessible to creators! By joining us, you will help democratize the most powerful tools of the industry and make them accessible to a wide range of users!
This position will support the integration of multiple existing products together to offer a complete, intuitive and cohesive creator experience in the cloud. Your team will focus on bringing our best-in-class creation tools to a wider audience, by improving their interoperability and making their user interface straightforward yet preserving their creativity potential.
This person will balance their ability to rectify hard problems with their desire to understand and facilitate the success of a highly technical team. The position will closely collaborate with teams across multiple organizations.
In this role, you will consider the workflows and user pain, be creative and thrive when working in a multidisciplinary team and make critical decisions that cut across these teams. You will iterate on ideas with partners, contribute to code and technical design. As a successful leader in Art Tools you will have the ability to impact strategic plans, projects, our product, our users happiness and our employee satisfaction.
Does this sound exciting?
What you’ll be doing
- Bring the best artist tools into the cloud and design workflows that work for users.
- Build, mentor and grow a team of engineers in an inclusive environment
- Unblock obstacles, collaborate with partners and empower engineers on the team to do their best work
- Directly contribute to the code and to the architectural roadmap of your domain and promote high engineering standards
- Drive the outcomes for the team through collaboration and provide communication and transparency around projects and progress
What we’re looking for
- Experience as an Engineering Team Lead or Manager of Software Engineering supervising small to medium sized teams
- Experience in professional software development with proficiency in C++, Python, data structures, algorithms, engineering principles and practices
- Experience developing UI, tools and workflows for native applications
- Experience programming plugins for DCC applications such as Maya or Blender
- Track record of crafting robust APIs and libraries and writing clean code
You might also have
- Experience with testing frameworks and modern CI/CD systems
- Experience refactoring existing code allowing it to be more extensible
- Experience with Universal Scene Description and developing cloud native applications
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.