Senior Manager - Community and Social Media
5 days ago
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
Greetings adventurer! We are seeking a Senior Manager, Community and Social Media to lead the growth of these two key areas on the Archetype Entertainment Brand team. This self-starter will create a connection between online fans and the brand(s) we build. This senior leader will continually seek opportunities to connect gamers and sci-fi fans with our brand in authentic and relevant ways to fuel engagement that beats monthly brand goals.
Be the brand ambassador, responsible for building the brand’s online awareness through engagement focused outreach, curation of community relationships, and instigation of rewarding social sharing online. The right candidate is able to build a voice and cadence of social engagement that reflects the studio brand values, by encouraging a spirit of discovery and a passion for story-telling consistent with our studio’s DNA.
This position will collaborate with cross-functional leaders across the studio. Your goal is to ensure a brand presence consistent with the core identity of the game and Archetype Entertainment.
What You'll Do:
- Build the community growth strategy for a new gaming franchise and continue to drive growth month-over-month that meets or exceeds goals.
- Create and optimize a content plan proactively updated and measured; aligned with the brand marketing plan.
- Form strong bonds with the gaming community and evangelists, integrating them into the brand engagement strategy.
- Develop and implement social campaigns that are cross-territory optimized; allowing for culturally relevant customization to ensure value.
- Maintain close connection with senior brand leaders to ensure the strategy is creatively aligned with brand programs and positioned to augment tentpole moments.
- Analyze and report on player sentiment, channel performance and key takeaways weekly, including practical feedback to the broader brand/development team leaders.
- Activate and optimize global marketing plans using your learning and x/brand insights.
- Coordinate community activities; online and digital, when applicable
- Share and promote livestreams, AMAs, online/in-person events and press beats.
- Ensure awareness/adherence to all brand/Wizards values and policies across all communications/channels.
- Support brand success by sharing learning, popular themes and successful activations that build a legendary brand.
- Assist and support an always-on approach with response to any emergent issues and rapid responses.
- Maintain a positive reputation at work and within the community
- Dedicate time to playing the games you represent.
- Be the ‘leader’ of the community growth strategy by staying informed on trends/opportunities across the ecosystem that support increased engagement and optimized outreach.
- Prior experience of 2 years or more working with a top gaming or competitive consumer brand in community and social brand building – responsible for growing brand presence and engagement online.
- Ability to create, build, grow and engage communities through online channels and associated technology including but not limited to: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, Discord, Snapchat, TikTok and WeChat.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication, and creative presentation skills as documented by both oral and written communication.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to lead multiple priorities, prioritize time management to ensure timely task completion on-time/at quality, and project planning skills.
- Experienced in tracking, reporting, and responding to community feedback, including use of digital, social tracking tools.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you are selected to move forward in our application process and need to request an accommodation, please let your recruiter or coordinator know.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.