Senior Manager, Services Optimization
16 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
The Global Sales and Business Operations (GSBO) team brings together staff from around the world, with a passion for engaging gamers with PlayStation’s extraordinary products and services. GSBO teams are located in countries across the globe, balancing local relevance with a global perspective. Across our Direct to Consumer (D2C), channel partners, and Services business, our teams work cross-functionally to bring the best of the PlayStation experience to markets and channels around the world.
The Content Optimization team helps drive value by creating the best experience for the players with a curated, relevant, and optimised Storefront; supporting the PS Plus subscription proposition. This role is focused on developing the Services Optimization strategy – prioritising and balancing the delivery of key commercial initiatives and ensuring the team are using data and insight to inform decision-making. This individual will need to bring best practice methods for extrapolating and interpreting data to make better informed decisions and plans.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading a team of 3 global optimization specialists for the services category within the PlayStation store and associated applications; inspiring, motivating and developing the team to achieve outstanding performance
- Support the creation and delivery of a global content optimisation strategy based on data and insight
- Drive profitable growth of the services category by improving important metric performance across conversion and consumer satisfaction metrics
- Work with the Product and Services Commercial teams to shape, conceive & develop the proprietary optimisation technology to aid content optimisation
- Continue to find new optimal ways of working and ensure everyone is working to the same global single market model
- Work with Marketing and Creative services team to align on plans and share results
What we’re looking for:
- Proven understanding of content and conversion optimization tools and trends
- Retail / E-commerce background, with knowledge of subscription-based business models
- Experienced people manager with a history of developing high-performing teams
- Familiar with Adobe Analytics or similar web analytics tools
- Data-led approach and comfortable analysing and interpreting data and presenting findings
- Track record of developing influential and collaborative relationships with senior stakeholders
- Accustomed to working in a pressurised environment; setting and achieving tight timelines that must be delivered on time and on budget
- Capable of leading A/B and multivariate testing across platforms
- Process-driven with a good attention to detail and a pragmatic approach to problem resolution
- Bachelor's degree in related field (or relative qualification standard)
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role may be eligible for bonus and SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. Click here to learn more.
The estimated base pay range for this role is listed below.
$144,700 — $217,100 USD
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
For more information about our benefits, please visit our Careers site.