Senior Manager, Publishing Content Strategy (Editor in Chief) - Publishing, Product Mgt - TFT/LoR
21 days ago
Riot Games was established in 2006 by entrepreneurial gamers who believe that player-focused game development can result in great games. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to critic and player acclaim. Since then, four more titles, including FPS-success Valorant, have been added, with more in development. Across all of Riot’s IP, players form the foundation of our communities, and often influencers and creators are an essential part of our player strategy.
As the Senior Manager, Publishing Content Strategy (Editor in Chief) for Teamfight Tactics and Legends of Runeterra, you will helm a team of comms, community, social, influencer and content professionals across our broader game ecosystem. In partnership with games and publishing leadership, this role will develop, deliver, and manage all communications of the player experience including both high level strategy and day to day campaign tactics. In true “Editor in Chief” fashion, you are responsible for not just what we’re saying, but how, when, and why we’re saying it. The Editor in Chief will partner with PR and communications on external comms.
- Lead a matrixed team of player communications, community, influencer, social, and content planners across the game ecosystem/experience
- Act as the “editor in chief” the day to day player experience: Drive day-to-day player journeys in alignment with the vision of the holistic player experience across game, sport, entertainment, and community content
- Define and/or align all player facing content with key player experience and business outcomes
- Partner with Publishing Lead and Brand Lead to ensure product and brand goals are met in day to day narrative by building and managing an ecosystem content calendar
- Partner with Riot’s Head of Community to drive holistic goals for Teamfight Tactics’ community through resonant content creation and amplification
- Inform ongoing product and brand planning by representing the player comms/community landscape
- Drive holistic content and product planning/orchestration across pillars
- Define strategic opportunity spaces for dev-to-player communications including identifying opportunity spaces to create content or highlight community content
- Maintain open communication and visibility with the product team and publishing team on what matters most for players, including daily/weekly monthly/quarterly reporting on community sentiment
- Define risks and opportunities for player sentiment and the brand overall on the TFT publishing leadership team
- Stay deeply connected to the TFT and strategy games player to ensure our matrixed “Comms/Munity” pods are communicating and reacting to what matters most for any given moment
- 7+ years experience in product strategy, public relations, content strategy, communications, or community management
- 7+ years experience with gaming audiences, especially in the strategy game genre (CCG, autobattler included)
- 5+ years of leading a team (either directly or accountable for) towards shared outcomes
- S ome experience playing Team Fight Tactics
- Intimate knowledge of the global games landscape, current competition, innovations, trends, and ever-evolving player expectations
- Well-versed in leading cross-disciplinary teams and able to influence stakeholders
- Excellent communicator- verbal and written
- Deep experience creating and communicating communications strategies that span across multiple platforms and delivery channels
- Experience across PC, mobile, and console platforms,
- Citizen of the internet - you’re an autodidact and create time to understand what conversations are happening and how we can engage on behalf of our audience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise and a collaborative spirit that prioritizes the delight of players. We will look at your past studies and experience, but for this role, we also look for dedicated people with a personal relationship with games. If you embody player empathy and care about players' experiences, this is the role for you!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.