This job might no longer be available.
Senior Manager, Production Operations
17 days ago
Job Title:Senior Manager, Production Operations
Job Title : Sr. Manager, Production Operations
Reporting To: Director, Production Operations
Department : Solid State Studios
Location: Santa Monica or San Francisco Preferred
Welcome to Solid State Studios. We’re a new in-house studio, dedicated to developing the best AAA mobile games in the world. Our first project is a new AAA mobile title, Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Mobile and we’re looking for great talent from mobile, console and PC backgrounds passionate about their work, who share our belief in what AAA experiences on mobile can and should be. We’re incredibly excited to build out our teams and get to work, and invite you to join us in making something special!
As a Sr. Manager, Production Operations at Solid State Studios, you will investigate product issues relating to Activision Publishing’s entry into Mobile development, and work with a variety of Studios and both internal & external partner teams to develop and implement operational plans across an array of processes and problems, focused on Call of Duty®: Warzone™ Mobile, providing guidance and support across governance, legal, planning, staffing, and other operations.
You will be responsible for coordinating the contribution of operational plans from multiple studios to the delivery of key mobile titles, as well as monitoring the ongoing monthly execution and revisions against those plans, including but not limited to cross-product headcount allocation and recruiting efforts, P&L updates and product decisions that affect them, modifications to central team processes to enable mobile development pace and tracking, and general sharing and improvement of best practices across the mobile team, all of Activision, and all of ABK. You will work to ensure that a complex and distributed development effort is optimized and in line with best company and industry practices. You will ensure consistent knowledge-sharing, learning, documentation, as well as improving tools and processes as necessary for all teams on the project to excel.
- Build, monitor and augment communication and operational processes between multiple studios co-developing critical titles
- Proactively and consistently evaluate operational and development process and efficiencies across the project, including augmenting and creating governance processes where necessary
- Track, evaluate, and report on project progress, including (but not limited to) weekly operational reports for key partners across studios and central teams, and monthly governance reporting to project and Activision leadership teams
- Coordinate development assumptions into current P&L planning and update processes
- Manage overall headcount allocations and updates between multiple studios, to optimize hiring capabilities and team development (with Recruiting and Finance teams)
- With Finance and Solid State Operations, review and update project external contract spending, and reconcile with forecasts, providing overall project reforecasts quarterly
- With project and studio leads, evaluate plans and identify upcoming conflicts or resource constraints to meet project goals
- Coordinate operational planning with central Studio Ops team, including governance schedules, headcount planning and financial planning
- Improve existing (and develop new) processes for onboarding, purchasing, and contractual planning across studios engaged in co-developing critical titles
- A passion for process, excellence and achievement
- Leadership/Management role in game development process, on corporate or studio side
- Strong critical-thinking, organization, time management and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and people alignment skills
- Experience with project planning and change management
- Breadth of experience with gaming functions - production, marketing, design
- Ability to multitask under severe deadlines
- Work in a fast-paced environment that requires frequent shift in focus
- Experience in console/PC and mobile game development and marketing
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
COVID-19 Hiring Update : While our Mobile Studio is based in Santa Monica, CA, we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Solid State Studio is an emerging team within Activision Publishing focusing on both publishing and live-operations for Call of Duty Mobile along with our new in-house studio dedicated to the development of AAA mobile titles. Designed around the singular focus of creating the best games in our space, ours is a mobile studio like no other. Developing in collaboration with Activision studios around the world, work on a new AAA mobile game in the Call of Duty franchise has begun.
It takes the industry’s best talent to make entertainment history, and while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a driven and diverse team of people producing greatness together. We’re looking for developers from mobile and PC backgrounds passionate about their work and who believe in realizing the potential of mobile gaming as much as we do.
We’re highly collaborative, relaxed, and deadly serious about creating incredible entertainment for passionate players around the world. We approach mobile development as a craft, and our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got you covered!
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.