Senior Manager, Product Management (Strategic Portfolio Management) - Riot Game Operations
9 days ago
As a Sr. Manager, Strategic Portfolio Management in Riot Game Operations (RGO), you'll join our effort to make building and delivering player experiences at Riot easy, scalable and sustainable.
You will lead a team dedicated to building the multi-year Strategic Games Portfolio through partnering with Riot leadership, games and partner teams. Your team enables leadership decision-making that makes sure our long-term portfolio is geared towards helping Riot realize its strategic objectives through visibility, communications, and artifacts. You will report directly to the Sr. Director of Riot Game Operations.
- Build upon the knowledge of others (corporate strategy, games, supporting teams) to drive cross-pillar alignment on Riot's long-term Games Portfolio priorities, with clear definition of success
- Consolidate timeline of portfolio delivery, incorporating both up-stream dependencies and down-stream dependencies
- Establish the portfolio planning and review rituals and artifacts, and ensuring integration with Riot level strategic planning cadence
- Communicate portfolio roadmap status, risks, and blockers with extended stakeholder group by being the source of truth of Riot's Strategic Games Portfolio roadmap
- Lead team in presenting agreed-upon recommendations to a variety of stakeholders, including senior leadership, game leads, department heads (concise documents and presentations)
- Build a world-class Strategic Portfolio Management team (hire, grow producers on the team)
- Establish a communication process that is inclusive of all business needs and provides visibility to leadership on health of the portfolio, risks and opportunities
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a product management/production/business planning role
- Minimum of 4 years of game industry experience, directly working with senior leaders
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a people management role or people leadership
- Experience and knowledge of games, relevant gaming audiences, and the game industry
- Passion for creating great products, with the ability to identify flaws and inefficiencies in the design, experience, and behavioral outcomes
- Experience guiding the full product development process: creation, design, execution, quality testing, etc.
- Experience with data-informed feature/service design and decisions
- Experience communicating both creative and functional feedback to diverse groups
- Experience translating UX testing and feedback into new features
- Cross-group collaboration that drive influence among the senior leaders across a highly-matrixed organization
- In-depth understanding of portfolio management concepts (to include Risk Management, P&L and Resource Forecasting)
- Experience working with distributed teams and facilitating meetings that are inclusive and engaging
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and choices that focus on your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work. Being a dedicated fan of games is not necessary for this position!
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code . Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming .
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.