Senior Manager, Procurement Center of Excellence
Irvine, CA, United States
13 days ago
Activision|Blizzard is seeking a Manager, Procurement Center of Excellence who will be responsible for managing a US based purchasing team to improve procurement operational process and managing procurement operational process/metrics.
This individual is expected to build a high performing procurement team, and to develop collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders and external suppliers in order to optimize service delivery value.
The manager will oversee maintenance of existing systems and provide both process and technical expertise to improve existing Procure to Pay processes and/or develop new processes to create efficiencies. This includes systems that enable category management, spend analysis, requisitioning, purchasing approvals, sourcing, negotiation, supplier selection, online catalogs, PO/contracts, managing supplier risk, managing supplier performance, assuring contract compliance, supplier billing, supplier payment and savings tracking.
This position reports to Director, Technology Sourcing and Procurement and works closely with all members of the procurement organization, as well as other stakeholder departments, such as IT, Finance and Accounts Payable.
- Manage procurement processes used by the Procurement organization, internal stakeholders, and external suppliers
- Lead the procurement cycle, including partnering with Accounts Payable to drive process improvement / automation, and audit compliance
- Lead a team of purchasing specialists to drive procurement operational excellence, and track team performance and KPIs
- Lead and guide the team to manage key procurement processes such as new supplier setup, PO management, Preferred Supplier List, user training, and identify opportunities to continue to improve the processes
- Align procurement organization to partner with functional leaders to deliver operational excellence
- Facilitate resolution of supplier performance issues
- Responsible for procurement team learning and development, train and mentor the team to continue develop skills, define and clarify roles & responsibilities for the team, lead and grow the team
- Communicate with procurement and finance leaders in other regions to drive global consistency as applicable
- Oversee stakeholder and supplier interaction with the processes and partners with them to ensure adherence, drive change, identify opportunities, and ensure value realization of tools/systems
- Refine existing processes and develop new processes for changing business conditions or efficiency requirements
- Provide training and support to procurement and internal stakeholder
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- A four-year college degree in a business or technical discipline is required. An MBA degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in procurement operations, sourcing, negotiations, contract management. At least 3 years’ experience in leading and managing procurement team.
- Knowledge of industry best in class P2P tool design and implementation is desired.
- You have previous experience with large enterprise procurement technologies (i.e. Oracle, SAP, Coupa, contract management systems, e-sourcing systems, supplier management systems, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in procurement processes and management methodologies
- Demonstrated leadership, people management, change management, and project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills as demonstrated through team/meeting communication and executive presentations.
- Build effective relationship with departments and continue to elevate procurement team in a growing organization
- Experience in supporting procurement globalization, and experience in supporting international procurement projects is required.
- Strong “customer first” approach.
- Able to work in an ambiguous environment that is constantly changing
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences… ever. Join us!