Senior Manager, People Operations
7 days ago
Niantic’s mission is to inspire people to explore the world together. We build AR products that encourage movement, exploration, and face-to-face social interaction. Our mission is inherently human, and our People team is at the forefront of that mission!
The Senior Manager, People Operations, will be instrumental in designing and deploying the company's strategy for employee experience. You will help us to elevate our processes and policies that enable a seamless and positive experience throughout the employee lifecycle.
Like many of our leaders, we are looking for a player/coach – somebody who is interested in providing hands-on value and expertise, as well as managing and developing their team. Reporting to the Senior Director, People Operations & Recruiting, the Senior Manager will lead all aspects of People Operations including designing, implementing, and optimizing processes, programs and shared services.
This is a hybrid position with a minimum of two-days in office requirement, based out of Niantic’s San Francisco Headquarters.
- Lead the team that owns core people programs and employee experience, such as global mobility and immigration, employee onboarding & offboarding operations and compliance.
- Working closely with the team, establish and lead the global people operations vision and roadmap.
- Lead compliance topics related to People operations, including monitoring and implementing applicable federal and state requirements, responding to audits, and maintaining appropriate records.
- You will be hands-on and able to flex from strategic to tactical work while being a thoughtful leader that provides coaching, support, and development within the People Operations Team, and with key partners throughout the organization
- Manage and improve the collection and use of people related data to help guide organizational decisions and priorities.
- Find opportunities to implement both tactical and innovative solutions to increase efficiency and enhance the employee experience.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members (Legal, Finance, Payroll, and IT) and partners to cultivate strong working relationships with project team members, including regular and reliable attendance and participation in meetings.
- Required in-office 2 days on Tuesday and Wednesday.
- 8+ years of progressive People function experience, including experience with high-growth environments building and scaling people processes and structures.
- Experience as a people manager in Global HR operations, preferably managing cross-functional HR processes.
- Deep knowledge of HR practices and procedures and broad knowledge of the various functional areas within a People organization.
- You have previously engaged deeply in using / administering / rolling out and improving enterprise wide HRIS systems (Workday experience required).
- You employ a commitment to rigorous analysis of data, diagnosis and problem solving to reach well-reasoned solutions.
- Strong bias for action, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced hybrid environment and handle stress appropriately and/or ability to solve practical problems and be sufficiently adaptable to handle dynamic situations with little advance notice.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal communications, including synchronous interactions with others.
The total compensation package for this position includes a new hire offer base salary range of $153,000 - $201,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Individual pay within this salary range is determined by work location and additional factors, including assessed job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can answer any questions about new hire total compensation during the hiring process. An overview of benefit offerings for your location can be found on the careers page.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015. Some of our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe. Our basketball universe has come to life, as we recently launched one of the most innovative sports games ever, in partnership with the NBA. NBA ALL-World is now live and playable globally! Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer.
We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Niantic is a hybrid first company. We believe that in person interaction and collaboration fosters creativity, a sense of community, and is critical to our future success as a company. Our hybrid work schedules allow for a mix of remote and in-office work.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Palo Alto, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Kansas, New York, Miami, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, Hyderabad, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.