Senior Manager, Partner Engineering, Global
7 days ago
The Partner Engineering team is a group of highly skilled Software Developers with deep expertise in the Unity platform, with a primary goal of enabling Unity’s most strategic customers in their adoption of the Unity engine and supporting services and products in the highest quality way possible. We strive to ensure that customer productions are built upon the strongest technical foundation possible at the beginning of their development journey to ensure the smoothest possible development lifecycle of their game.
We are looking for a leader who has experience in leading front and backend strategic technical efforts in the Games industry at the production level, and will have shipped product across either key games industry platforms (mobile platforms, PC, console, etc. This leader will ideally have a complimentary background in either Field, Solutions, or Sales Engineering.
In this role you will be joining the Customer Success Engineering organization, and we work closely with Unity’s Core engine development teams, the Business Development organization, as well as the strategic Partner Relations technical account management teams - all of whom work in unison to ensure the best possible technical outcomes for our customers! You will be responsible for leading your individual team members in pursuing great technical and business outcomes for our customers, and working to ensure we maintain the strongest and most durable possible partnerships with those same customers.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing a team to meet required goals, including metrics such as: Reporting on customer technology adoption trends, including the core Unity engine, as well as backend services such as Unity Gaming Services and DevOps services, customer satisfaction rates and revenue quota attainment in partnership with Unity Client Partner team
- Deploying and maintaining technical training and best practice processes, onboarding, and expertise for new Unity features and services across a large, distributed team.
- Managing a team in debugging customer code written in a large multithreaded C# or C++ codebase, using a multi-platform engine (e.g. Unity, Unreal, proprietary engine) and the profiling tools therewithin.
- Identify and enact opportunities that enable Unity to meet business needs and requirements in new and creative ways, while always putting the needs of our Unity customers at the forefront of considerations.
What we’re looking for
- Experience in shipping games or other real-time interactive applications, including a proven understanding of software development lifecycles.
- Someone able to identify and enact opportunities that enable Unity to meet business needs and requirements in new and creative ways, while always putting the needs of our Unity customers at the forefront of considerations!
- Someone capable of managing a team tasked with experience in front end game development as well as backend live operations technologies.
- A leader that is massively passionate about games and games technology.
You might also have
- Experience in leading teams not only during the game development phase, but also during the game submission phase for the most challenging platforms (console platforms experience is highly desirable)
- Experience working within teams supporting live operations games or Digital twin productions.
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity is the foundation upon which the world’s most powerful digital content is created. Specifically, Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, Unity had, on average, 3.9 billion monthly active end users who consumed content created or operated with its solutions. The applications developed by these creators were downloaded, on average, five billion times per month in 2021. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.