Senior Manager, Live Services Content
12 days ago
Who We Are
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
The Creative Services team has the unique opportunity to work across all brands and titles at 2K. The team creates a high volume of digital marketing assets to support all marketing channels in a fast‐paced environment.
What We Need
We are seeking a Sr. Manager of Live Services Creative for NBA 2K to join our Global Creative Team. The ideal candidate lives and breathes the world of video games and NBA hoops, has strong cross-functional leadership skills, is highly strategic and has ability to sell an idea, is a determined problem solver, and is highly capable of navigating competing demands and priorities. The Sr. Manager of Live Services Creative leads the creative strategy for the design and media production of NBA 2K’s MyPLAYER and MyTEAM experiences, including but not limited to seasons, music and apparel integrations, and other partnerships.
This role will lead the Creative Team’s effort to bring to life our in-game content across all media platforms in a creative and impactful manner. Must possess excellent graphic design and video editing skills, with strong proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite including motion graphics design, sound design, color correction, and encoding.
What You Will Do
- Lead a team of designers that create world class media assets for the Live Services modes of NBA 2K
- Provide creative oversight to ensure all design/production assets meet the highest quality
- Keep up‐to‐date with the latest marketing creative concepts to provide innovative design ideas and visuals to challenge the status quo and push the creative envelope.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with the creative services team to ensure consistency and alignment with brand guidelines.
- Responsible for interpreting design briefs and conceptualizing an effective appropriate visual solution.
- Able to produce high quality social content in line with marketing briefs, templates, and brand style guides.
- Ensure that all design‐related processes run efficiently.
- Build strong relationships with members of Live Services Marketing and other cross functional departments.
- Work closely with Live Service, Developer, and Studio Art leads to ensure branding is consistent, effective and of the highest quality across all marketing mediums both in and out of the game.
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit
- 5+ years experience leading a team of designers. Video game experience is a plus
- Candidate with both hands-on experience and a tenured leadership foundation in the following areas: creative production, creative operations, team leadership, creative technology planning, financial planning
- Able to comfortably dive into any area of the business or product, understand business needs, and facilitate executive decisions based on changing priorities
- Highest level of integrity and management of confidential information
- Experience with producing and optimizing content across social media, email, web and other digital channels.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Premiere CC and Creative Suite applications
- (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Media Encoder, etc.)
- Able to create pixel‐perfect digital assets for social media.
- Ability to follow and enhance brand guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of colors, fonts, layouts, and other design elements to communicate creative concepts.
- Ability to work under pressure on tight timelines; strong problem‐solving skills to deliver world‐class creative on time and on strategy.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize design projects.
- Excellent communication skills.