Senior Manager, HR Services (Tier 1 EMEA)
10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This role reports to the Director, Employee Services Europe and is part of a wider newly formed team. The role will be look after for all UK operational elements of HR and will establish an expanding European scope over the next 12-18 months. This role is part of the core foundation to the success of our HR Operating model and enables us to continue to build customer focused approach. Successful candidates will have worked in similar sized organisations with a remit of multiple countries.
What you'll be doing:
Ultimately accountable for all activity associated with first line HR support (Tier 1), this includes payroll, onboarding, employee database, administration of employee changes, employee screening, HR compliance and processes.
In partnership with the Director - Employee Services and senior stakeholders, scope requirements for HR Operations across Europe with the aim to establish and maintain a full European HR Operations service. Countries include France, Germany, Netherlands, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Italy, etc.
Review current SLAs and KPI to align with changing business needs and re-establish a customer focused and proactive approach across the team.
Regularly view and where necessary develop new processes to ensure legal compliance is adhered to and the operating model is efficient and optimised.
To act as a process lead for the implementation of HRIS and/or databases, to ensure overall data integrity and maintain and continuously improve the systems infrastructure in HR efficiently.
Create and maintain relevant external supplier relationships and regularly review their SLA (e.g. outplacement, payroll providers, tax support, service now etc).
Present regular dashboards to illustrate KPIs, changes in processes/policies and noticeable trends to multiple stakeholders.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with key roles in the wider HR team such as HR Generalists, HRBPs, COEs as well as regional leaders to ensure you have a deep understanding of business needs and ability to schedule team resource.
Build mechanisms to enable a self-service culture by ensuring core platforms are regularly reviewed and maintained.
Act as an ambassador to for the European Employee Services team and build strategy to create a trusted HR Operations brand and when required deputise for the Director, Employee Services.
Responsible for the growth and development of your team, including setting team and individual objectives, driving optimal performance and engagement, and ensuring a succession pipeline for key roles within the wider team.
Regularly prioritise and review the team’s workload to create capacity for projects inline the with overall HR strategy and roadmap.
Provide additional coaching and mentorship to other HR colleagues (outside of direct team) based in Liverpool, and act as site HR Leader.
Maintain appropriate confidentiality in all of the above, ensuring legal and compliance requirements are met (e.g. employment legislation, data protection etc.)
What we're looking for:
- Experience of managing an operational HR services function with multi-site accountability, with specifically working with SLAs/KPIs through a ticketing system.
- Proven line management capability with a focus on driving performance and team self-development.
- Experience implementing new technologies and/or harmonising multiple systems.
- Experience of providing HR Operational support across EMEA countries.
- Strong experience of building collaborative relationships across the business and HR to gain a detailed understanding of commercial drivers.
- Excellent written, verbal and numeracy skills with the ability to present to senior stakeholders.
- Ability to analyse data/information and interpret it into recommendations.
- Strong eye for detail with a pragmatic approach to solving problems.
- Strong IT skills with a focus on Microsoft Office and HRIS such as Workday.
- Proven HR generalist experience, and can provide advice associated with employment regulations and procedures.
- Transformational HR experience across multiple countries.
- Worked with in the Tech or Gaming industry.
- Degree level education or CIPD qualified.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Create Your Profile — Game companies can contact you with their relevant job openings.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.