This job might no longer be available.
Senior Manager, Global Sports Marketing
Novato CA US
2 months ago
SENIOR MANAGER, GLOBAL SPORTS MARKETING
Have you ever dreamed of working at one of the world’s biggest video game publishers? Do you have a passion for marketing, entertainment and sports? Do you desire a fast-paced, team-oriented, multi-faceted work environment, where every day is never the same, you get to do cool things, and your opinion matters, with a great work/life balance? If so, we would love to meet you and have you on our marketing team.
Who We Are:
Collectively, the 2K sports marketing team, based in Novato, CA, includes over 50 years of sports and video game industry experience. We’ve come from near and far, from places as exotic as East LA, CA, Philly, PA, Minneapolis, MN, Manhattan Beach, CA, and New Providence, NJ, to settle as a collective unit in the rolling hills of Marin County. We may have passionate discussions about work, music, where to grab a brew, or the latest twists and turns of current events and pop culture, but we’ve made that trek, because we love what we do, and the people that we work with.
Of course, what is impressive isn’t where we are from, or where we are now, or even the number of lunchtime boot camps we’ve completed, but what we’ve collectively accomplished over the last few years. Our team is growing and we’re anticipating more years of growth to come, because of this team, and perhaps…you!
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, The Golf Club/PGA Tour, Borderlands, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
We’re looking for a hungry, highly motivated, passionate, creative-thinking and detail-oriented Senior Manager who will be a vital and integral part of the 2K Sports Marketing team. Under direction of the Global Vice President of Sports Marketing, the Senior Manager will play a leading role in the development and implementation of strategic global product marketing plans for 2K. You will manage marketing and communication for product launches attached to high profile console, mobile and PC titles. You will interact closely with all key inter-company departments, including company leadership, international partners, as well as licensors and external agencies in the development of marketing and communication materials.
In a nutshell, you will contribute to, and help manage every facet of AAA products / entertainment launches from beginning to end. If the public sees it, you will have played a significant role in the development and management of that strategy and execution.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and manage the creation, design and execution of innovative title-specific global marketing plans consistent with campaign and franchise strategies for key high profile products
- Be a global quarterback and ambassador of the brand, creating and presenting plans to licensors, senior management and the international marketing and sales teams
- Manage creative agency and in-house creative departments in development of key art, packaging, advertising creative, video trailers, sales support materials, web and point-of-sales materials
- Collaborate with internal performance marketing teams, creative production teams, brand team and external media agencies to plan, implement, and optimize media plans and the execution of spends, involving TV, print, online, social and more
- Day to day management of licensors. Work with licensors for approvals of key campaign concepts, assets and other business matters, as well as collaborate with licensor to collectively bring product to market with maximum awareness and demand
- Develop marketing plan budgets; manage and track expenditures
- Consult with product development teams to ensure products meet relevant positioning, are feature competitive and relevant assets are produced
- Work closely with in-house and external public relations teams in developing PR strategy / execution and liaise between development and PR teams to create assets and market games for various events and audiences
- Ensure establishment of relevant measurement criteria and oversee the tracking and analysis of marketing program returns
- Track and analyze market and performance data to identify the most effective opportunities for return on investment and brand extensions
- Monitor consumer behaviors to insure products are in sync with market expectations
- Demo and present 2K titles at PR events, industry events and sales / retailer meetings
- Moderate travel required (e.g. industry events, developer visits, live events, production shoots and sales support / satellite office meetings)
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible product marketing and brand management experience in applicable industry. Knowledge of these industries will certainly not hurt – gaming, sports, entertainment (or sports-entertainment), consumer products.
- A combination of qualitative and quantitative skills and analysis, polished by big brand experience.
- Has experience leading and managing personnel directly and cross-functional teams, indirectly. Keeps projects and people moving. A good mentor for talent on the team.
- A track record of juggling multiple projects… and completing them with time to spare. You are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges. You care about your work product, the group’s output, etc. as if it’s a reflection on yourself.
- Cultural fit. This is a group that enjoys working together and has fun together socially, whether at events or day-to-day. We are not formal in the traditional sense of the word. Office hours are pretty standard, but office-in-pocket hours are varied and things are always moving
- Once on board, that person does need to take an active interest in learning the brands, and keeping up with programming, consumer data, business trends, and learn the brands inside and out. Has an interest in brand management and marketing in entertainment, lifestyle, gaming, sports
- Self-motivated to get things done early, to quality. Doesn’t sit and wait for direction. Actively starts projects and asks pertinent questions to keep things moving forward. A self-starter and driver of the business that’s not afraid to tactfully follow up, pick up the phone, or go to someone’s desk
- Takes an active interest in building relationships and networking with key stakeholders, influencers, partners and personalities internally, in media, sports, etc. Enjoys that aspect of the job but also sees it as a necessary part of the job. A navigator of situations, business challenges and personalities
- Should have awareness / knowledge of social, cultural trends, and current events
- Do these adjectives should describe you: Team player, strategic, scrappy, problem solver, creative thinker, passionate, collaborative, determined, multi-tasker, detail-oriented, no-task-is-too-menial? You’re so much fun to work with, we would love to hang out after work or over the weekend. If so, click here to apply