Senior Manager, Global Peripheral Licensing
San Mateo, CA, United States
3 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Global Peripheral Licensing
San Mateo, CA
Key Function and Responsibility of the Role:
Global Licensing management of 3rd party peripherals and accessories for PlayStation platforms.
This position will offer an exciting opportunity to work with existing & new 3rd party licensee partners and lead a global team! We are looking for a leader to help develop and bring to market innovative peripherals and devices that improves gamers' extraordinary experiences with their PlayStation!
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Global Peripheral Licensing Strategy & Process – Help shape and implement strategy and process
- Overall Business Management – Manage and grow business to meet increased revenue and KPI targets
- Strategic & Product Roadmap Planning – Work closely with Director, Peripherals Marketing/Licensing & Senior Manager, VR & Peripherals Product Planning to define strategic plan & roadmaps for licensed third party products
- Team and People Management – Manage a team of licensee account managers & approval coordinators to execute following responsibilities:
- Business Case Development and Approvals – Develop business cases to support licensing approval for new peripherals products/categories from existing or new partners, and support approval by SIE greenlight process and SIEI Tokyo licensing process.
- Deals Negotiation and Contracts Management – Discuss and finalize licensing deal terms with licensees and work with SIEA legal teams to get necessary contracts in place.
- Licensed Product Development Support - Support licensee’s product development throughout the development process by clarifying licensed product guidelines, giving feedback on product concepts, & usability testing of various prototypes. Collaborate with SIE departments to obtain appropriate feedback and approvals.
- Assist with Licensing Operations – Assist brand marketing and licensing operations staff with product approvals co-ordination, licensing revenue accounting & forecasting and providing marketing support.
Key Performance Indicator examples:
- Licensing revenue growth through strategic execution and planning
- High Media & User Review ratings (Amazon.com) of licensed peripherals to ensure high product quality
- High attach rate of licensed 3rd party gaming controllers, and high market share of licensed audio headsets and other key licensed peripheral categories.
- High share of retailers’ shelves for licensed peripherals vs non-licensed products and improved merchandising
- Efficient utilization of SIE resources (dedicated teams, legal, safety/compliance & creative services) through running a tight portfolio and implementing processes & systems.
- 12+ years leadership experience in licensing and/or product management in gaming peripheral devices or consumer electronics
- Well-rounded licensing/product portfolio management experience with advanced knowledge of consumer electronics product development lifecycle, commercial savviness and contract negotiations experience.
- Excellent knowledge of market trends and competitive landscape. Ability to demonstrate consumer/market research & behavioral data to formulate powerful insights that inform product portfolio & peripheral category licensing strategy
- Experience leading a high performing team, with the ability to instill a positive culture built around open dialogue, mutual trust, respect and accountability
- Able to work across internal global & local teams/leaders and galvanize them towards common objectives with clear results; proven strategic thinker with a global mind set who can accurately assess priorities for SIE business and identify core licensing needs.
- Excellent process management skills; able to get results across multiple parallel processes under tight deadlines
- Uses understanding of cultural differences to influence actions and decisions
Candidate Preferred Qualities
Ideal candidates will be a seasoned product management and/or licensing leader with experience in consumer electronics and/or gaming peripherals devices. You will manage partners through complex change, recognize patterns of success (and failure) quickly; and have proven ability to build working collaborations. Success in this position requires leadership, commercial acumen, analytical & negotiation skills, and excellent communications skills to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative environment.
As you will be working closely with global and local teams, international travel and calls involving late and early hours due to time zone differences will be required.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.