Senior Manager, Global Payment Operations
13 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Now, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Role: Senior Manager, Global Payment O perati ons
Global Payments are responsible for enabling PlayStation Store consumers to pay for their digital content and services; maximising acceptance and minimising friction within the purchase experience. Reporting to the Director of Global Payments, the role will be responsible for the operational management of payments across all of the SIE regional businesses with line management responsibilities for the regional payment managers. Regional Payment Managers support the financial reconciliation and resulting exception management of payment processing within each regional business group.
As head of Global Payment Operations, you will work collaboratively with regional payment and finance stakeholders to drive efficiency, identify errors and system defects through reconciliation exceptions and ensurepayment reconciliation, settlement and accounting is achievable within agreed SLA. Through regional relationships, you will also be the voice of the consumer and other regional stakeholders back into both the global payment and global fraud organisations.
The role is also responsible for the global optimisation of payment acceptance through the management of payment routing and the configuration of payment decisioning. Working closely with our global payments strategy leads, you will ensure communication with regards to payment routing is clear and timely whilst being commercially considerate to our partner relationships.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with regional Payment Ops Managers and finance teams, identify, report and resolve any discrepancies in payment reconciliation
- Incident Management impacting payment partner settlement and reconciliation, ensuring appropriate resolutionand stakeholder management.
- Ambassador for regional stakeholders to raise issues relating to Payments and Fraud
- Deliver meaningful data analysisand insights to drive decisions for payment routing
- Support global payments strategy leadsin the communication to partners with regards to volume forecasting and payment routing decisions.
- Working with global and regional teams, identify and deliver strategies to change consumer payment preference and deliver positive impact against payment processing costs
- Coordinate with local and global marketing and PR and CS teams when launching or changing any payment solution
- Deliver vendor operational performance insight to support global payment strategy leadsin the management of payment partners.
What we’re looking for:
- 1st Class understanding of credit/debit card processing within an e-Commerce environment.
- Strong understanding of payment settlement and reconciliation processes
- Good understanding of nuances between online payment instruments.
- Prior experience of driving operational efficiencies in ecommerce environments.
- Self-starter who is solution focussed, with the ability to work under their own initiative.
- Ability to lead a team located across multiple countries.
- Ability to navigate complex environmentswith multiple stakeholders across a variety of business functions.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to successfully build relationships with stakeholders.
- Experience of working under pressure, in an ever changing and challenging environment.
- Strong understanding of card schemesand
- Good understanding of payment service regulations such as the Payment Services Directive/ PSD2.
- As the role is global, regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hoursto support global business operations.
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Economics, Business or related fieldis
- Prior experience of reconciliation and exception management.
- Experience in the games industry.
- Understanding of cultural and regional differences in attitudes towards different payment mechanics.
- Japanese language skills.
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- London Allowance (if applicable)
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.