Senior Manager, Global Payment Operations
San Mateo, CA, United States
10 days ago
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Global Payments Operations
San Mateo, CA
Global Payments are responsible for enabling PlayStation Store consumers to pay for their digital content and services; maximizing acceptance and minimizing friction within the purchase experience. Reporting to the Director of Global Payments, the role will be responsible for the operational management of payments across all of the SIE regional businesses with line management responsibilities for the regional payment managers. Regional Payment Managers support the financial reconciliation and resulting exception management of payment processing within each regional business group.
As head of Global Payment Operations, you will work collaboratively with regional payment and finance stakeholders to drive efficiency, identify errors and system defects through reconciliation exceptions and ensure payment reconciliation, settlement and accounting is achievable within agreed SLA. Through regional relationships, you will also be the voice of the consumer and other regional stakeholders back into both the global payment and global fraud organisations.
The role is also responsible for the global optimization of payment acceptance through the management of payment routing and the configuration of payment decisions. Working closely with the head of Payment Partnerships, you will ensure communication with regards to payment routing is clear and timely whilst being commercially considerate to our partner relationships.
- Working closely with regional Payment Ops Managers and finance teams, identify, report and resolve any discrepancies in payment reconciliation
- Incident Management impacting payment partner settlement and reconciliation, ensuring appropriate resolution and stakeholder management
- Ambassador for regional stakeholders to raise issues relating to Payments and Fraud
- Deliver meaningful data analysis and insights to drive decisions for payment routing
- Support the Head of Payment Partnerships in the communication to partners with regards to volume forecasting and payment routing decisions
- Working with global and regional teams, identify and deliver strategies to change consumer payment preference and deliver positive impact against payment processing costs
- Coordinate with local and global marketing and PR and CS teams when launching or changing any payment solution
- Deliver vendor operational performance insight to support the Head of Payment Partnerships in the management of payment partners
- 1 st Class understanding of credit/debit card processing within an e-Commerce environment
- Strong understanding of payment settlement and reconciliation processes
- Good understanding of nuances between online payment instruments
- Prior experience of driving operational efficiencies in e-Commerce environments
- Self-starter who is solution focused, with the ability to work under their own initiative
- Ability to lead a team located across multiple countries
- Ability to navigate complex environments with multiple stakeholders across a variety of business functions
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to successfully build relationships with stakeholders
- Experience of working under pressure, in an ever changing and challenging environment
- Strong understanding of card schemes and regulation
- Good understanding of payment service regulations such as the Payment Services Directive / PSD2
- As the role is global, regular international travel will be required as well as a flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
- Bachelor’s in Finance, Economics, Business or related field is preferred
- Prior experience of reconciliation and exception management
- Experience in the games industry
- Understanding of cultural and regional differences in attitudes towards different payment mechanics
- Japanese language skills
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.